Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2621 - 2640 of 2677 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
I haven't been in TechStream for a while, but can the volume be reduced like the Key Reminder can? I know that the sound for the belt can be turned off with TS in my truck, just not the lamp. This may not apply to the most recent model years, I don't know as I don't follow information on them as closely.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
I haven't been in TechStream for a while, but can the volume be reduced like the Key Reminder can? I know that the sound for the belt can be turned off with TS in my truck, just not the lamp. This may not apply to the most recent model years, I don't know as I don't follow information on them as closely.
What is TechStream?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Having owned my Tundra since 2014 (2014 DC Limited) are; The bed rail tie-downs are a little hard to change position. You need to push in as you loosen the knob. The metal tie down hooks in the corners of the bed could be a little larger. A more "updated" transmission. There are times when your in a coast mode, the RPM's stay higher than they should be. The word I can relate to that is when the truck is in the "free wheel" mode, many times the tranny is still at 1700 rmp's, but if you knock the gear shiftier back and forth in & out of OD, it will return to the 800 level.

Otherwise it is a very "simple" truck meaning you don't have a 17 way tail gate, 7 turbo's, 27 cameras, "hands-free" trailer back up mode, 25" Nav screen, 28" rims (Some sarcasm added)... I look at some of the issues the latest generations of the big 3 have encountered, and say "I'm glad it's not me". Being a simple truck has kept this generation of Tundra on top of the "Reliability" list. All the "Techno" stuff is worthless when one's truck is on the shops lift. I would rather get 1-2 MPG's less, and have a vehicle that will stay out of the dealers service bay over it's first 150k miles. I look at www.carcomplaints.com and see brand new trucks from the big 3 under 5k miles spending multiple times in the service bays.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
After a recent RT to Denver in our 2019 platinum, I really dislike (not quite hate) the antiquated electronics in the cabin. It's like driving a 10 year old Toyota. Oh wait, the basic design is 12 years old (head slap)! I don't understand why Toyota has failed to keep the Tundra up-to-date with systems like those in other Toyota models. I hope the new gen Tundra--if it ever appears--will have more modern systems.

·
Registered
528 Posts
No hate here, but I am unhappy that they dropped the regular cab. I also dislike the fact these trucks are being loaded up with electronic gizmos & technology.

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
No hate here, but I am unhappy that they dropped the regular cab. I also dislike the fact these trucks are being loaded up with electronic gizmos & technology.
I think that really depends on the trim level. I can totally see that for a regular cab 8' work truck hose out the inside type deal, I feel ya on that one.

but I feel like my platinum truck is actually behind in tech compared to the others considering the price is going up and up and up and is well north of 50K now.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think that really depends on the trim level. I can totally see that for a regular cab 8' work truck hose out the inside type deal, I feel ya on that one.

but I feel like my platinum truck is actually behind in tech compared to the others considering the price is going up and up and up and is well north of 50K now.
I hear what you are saying, I just don't like a bunch of distracting tech in any vehicle. I am more of a keep it simple kind of guy, hell I don't even run any apps on my phone. I guess you could say that I am anti-connectivity.

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
I hear what you are saying, I just don't like a bunch of distracting tech in any vehicle. I am more of a keep it simple kind of guy, hell I don't even run any apps on my phone. I guess you could say that I am anti-connectivity.
nothing wrong with that at all, I get it. I like all the gizmos and extra creature comforts, thats why I bought a platinum but Im ready for a few more things, some of which they have done since my 2016 (push button start, better headlights, backlight gauges, etc).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would like to hear some of the other forum users opinions on how they feel about certain areas of their truck that they might dislike that other users love.

For me, I am very displeased with the DC's baby friendly capabilities. It is absolutely horrible. I knew I should have gone with the crewmax ha ha.

If I wanted a perfect world I would have gone with a mini-van.. Still trying to talk the old lady into letting me get one for her..

The more comfortable of position and not to mention the proper position of the

·
Registered
23 Posts
Placement of controls on dash. The steering wheel hides the buttons on the right side . You better memorize them because if you need them while driving ,you'll have to turn the steering wheel to the left or right to see them or lay over on your right side and look behind the steering wheel . Good Luck ! Also the window and lock control buttons are not lighted at night front and rear ; a small thing but they should be . And ,for some reason Toyota removed the grab handle from the driver's side on the Tundra in 2014 but left it in the Sequoia (?) . I replaced mine with a kit from Sparks Toyota in South Carolina .Easy to do and makes the inside front look balanced ;also helps one getting in ! And it's harder to reset to check MPG on my 2019 SR5 ; it supposed to give last tank mpg when you refill ; not sure how that works ! Other than these quirks I like the Tundra ; (my third !)

2621 - 2640 of 2677 Posts