Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2621 - 2634 of 2634 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
I haven't been in TechStream for a while, but can the volume be reduced like the Key Reminder can? I know that the sound for the belt can be turned off with TS in my truck, just not the lamp. This may not apply to the most recent model years, I don't know as I don't follow information on them as closely.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
I haven't been in TechStream for a while, but can the volume be reduced like the Key Reminder can? I know that the sound for the belt can be turned off with TS in my truck, just not the lamp. This may not apply to the most recent model years, I don't know as I don't follow information on them as closely.
What is TechStream?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Having owned my Tundra since 2014 (2014 DC Limited) are; The bed rail tie-downs are a little hard to change position. You need to push in as you loosen the knob. The metal tie down hooks in the corners of the bed could be a little larger. A more "updated" transmission. There are times when your in a coast mode, the RPM's stay higher than they should be. The word I can relate to that is when the truck is in the "free wheel" mode, many times the tranny is still at 1700 rmp's, but if you knock the gear shiftier back and forth in & out of OD, it will return to the 800 level.

Otherwise it is a very "simple" truck meaning you don't have a 17 way tail gate, 7 turbo's, 27 cameras, "hands-free" trailer back up mode, 25" Nav screen, 28" rims (Some sarcasm added)... I look at some of the issues the latest generations of the big 3 have encountered, and say "I'm glad it's not me". Being a simple truck has kept this generation of Tundra on top of the "Reliability" list. All the "Techno" stuff is worthless when one's truck is on the shops lift. I would rather get 1-2 MPG's less, and have a vehicle that will stay out of the dealers service bay over it's first 150k miles. I look at www.carcomplaints.com and see brand new trucks from the big 3 under 5k miles spending multiple times in the service bays.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
After a recent RT to Denver in our 2019 platinum, I really dislike (not quite hate) the antiquated electronics in the cabin. It's like driving a 10 year old Toyota. Oh wait, the basic design is 12 years old (head slap)! I don't understand why Toyota has failed to keep the Tundra up-to-date with systems like those in other Toyota models. I hope the new gen Tundra--if it ever appears--will have more modern systems.

2621 - 2634 of 2634 Posts