Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, I'm replacing my 3/1" leveling kit with a full ome (ometun57hks) kit all the way around. I've also read that installing a diff drop and drive-shaft carrier bearing kits are advised. Does the sway bar need to be dropped as well? And can I install the rear leafs on top of the existing 1" block to provide some rake? Your recommendations are welcome.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's a sweet kit for sure. Diff drop is recommended over 2½". It's simple and cost effective, and keeps your front CV's from running at their limits, especially if they're not new. CV's will wear a pattern into their housing. Most common on FWD-AWD vehicles (Honda Pilot & Ridgeline are common), but the case is made. If you start running the axles outside of that wear you may experience vibrations and noise from the rollers inside going from unused material into the worn area, and back out again.

If you're putting 1" blocks under 2½" springs, I'd add the hanger spacer too. They're easy and there's no downside. Keep your angles as close to stock as you can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.