Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I want to upgrade to the OME 612 or 614 front coil setup since I'm soon to be due to replace my TRD suspension anyway. That being said where is the best place to buy just the front 2 coils? If anybody has a used set they wanna sell that would be stellar. Also, is it possible to just buy the spring by itself and install it on either the stock TRD suspension or another similar type setup? Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
197 Posts
Reactions: shiggydiggy

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I got all my lift from Performancelifts.com Jeff is a great guy to deal with and very knowledgable. I got mine for a pretty darn good deal.

Reactions: shiggydiggy

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Plano. Just did the same search and found that 5%. Just wondering if he had a better one.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: 2010

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He answers my question about the stock shocks being able to work with the OME spring.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Also, is it possible to just buy the spring by itself and install it on either the stock TRD suspension or another similar type setup? Thanks for any assistance in advance.

The OME strut and Factory are completely different and are not compatible. (OME strut on top and OME 614 coil on the bottom)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The OME strut and Factory are completely different and are not compatible. (OME strut on top and OME 614 coil on the bottom)

Thanks coach. Again your wisdom and photos prove to be invaluable. Didn't think it was possible, but I just had to ask. Nice job on the paint match btw. I plan on doing the same (yellow is only meant for taxis IMO). Might be contacting you soon for a set of spacers to go on the 614's if I get em. What did you use to color match if I might ask?

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Thanks coach. Again your wisdom and photos prove to be invaluable. Didn't think it was possible, but I just had to ask. Nice job on the paint match btw. I plan on doing the same (yellow is only meant for taxis IMO). Might be contacting you soon for a set of spacers to go on the 614's if I get em. What did you use to color match if I might ask?

Glad to help :)

I used a few different shades of silver I had from past builds hoping to get a close match. But ended up using Rustoleums "steal gray" in a can. Picked it up at home depot along with some clear.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stellar. Yea I'm not too worried about a perfect match, long as it doesn't look like my truck isn't held up by bananas. If I have enough $ I'd love to have your spacers, +3 shackles, and poly bushings. Ideally.

Reactions: I am Spike

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Hey guys, I see this thread is old, but...I'm looking to do an OME front and rear lift. I am trying to be cost effective as I have things I have to save for...I have a DC with factory bumper, no future plans for a winch or anything. Am I better off with the 612s or 614s. My truck is mostly driven on pavement and on weekends I hit some dirt to go mountain biking. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I were to purchase these items is there anyone in the Phoenix area up to helping me install? I can provide beers and tools...just don't have a garage. Stupid condos with covered parking.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
612 for your case. With 614, there is a greater chance you will need a set of upper control arms to get your truck properly aligned. I got 614 and went ahead and got a set of UCAs rather than trying to use the factory UCAs.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
I think in the interest of insuring a proper alignment, especially considering the cost of tires, I'll be upgrading the UCAs. Do you guys prefer the TC or Camburg arms? Either way I'm going uni-ball.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went with the 612 and coachbuilder shims. I've recently purchased a set of LR/PRG adjustable arms from a forum member (pathogen). Though my alignment came out "ok" I went ahead and upgraded to insure everything lines up and my wheel travel and coil clearance will improve as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts