21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
where did you buy tailgate letters?
They were on the truck when I purchased it. It was a dealer trade
so I didn't even know about them until I went to pick it up. I believe
it was a "too expensive" option at $119 or something like that.

Maalox - Although I'm not running them yet, you should look into Coachbuilder shackles to raise the rear

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yeah... the front should skim right across w/ the factory slicks!

Nobody has even noticed this picture :D
Ready for the mud drag in this one.
I agree, the tailgate is pretty freakin cool... first I've seen.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Did you only put spacers on the front or all around? Just wondering if I need to order some. Plan on keeping my stock rims. I know the front gets moved in a little once lifted and i'm not wanting it to look to narrow.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
I did all the way around. Here in southeast GA guys run spacers on Chevy trucks only on
the fronts and it looks ridiculous to me. I called and talked to a guy about the 1" Bora spacer
but lead time was going to be an issue. They make theirs to order, they engrave the
invoice number on each spacer for warranty purposes. He was willing to help a little since I
was in a situation - having sold me stock tires and was running 2 bald tires on the front but
it was still going to take too long. So instead I ordered the Spidertrax 1.25".

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Looks awesome !!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
after a you have been driving with the new coils have you rechecked your height numbers? Reason i ask is i have a similar set up and mine settled to a point of needing to get it realigned. If you could check your front and back ground to top of wheel well numbers and post up i would appreciate it. I hear you about the top nut on the cross member for the diff drop... What a pain to even get your hand up there. I dropped and lost the nut a few times before i taped it to a small adjustable wrench... Install was easy and i love OME's stuff. Have you flexed yours out?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have not flexed it at all yet. I also just realized I can't take any real measurements to know if it has settled.
The measurements on here are with the stock tires and I now have on the Nittos.

It did settle some though because I just took measurements and have

Drivers front
36 11/16 stock
40 5/16 with ome
40 7/8 with ome and 295/65

passenger front
37 7/8 stock
40 9/16 with ome
41 1/8 with ome and 295/65

I will check it again after I drive it some more.

·
Registered
825 Posts
How level is it with the back? Im thinking about running the 612s up front, the ome shocks in the back with cb+2 to keep a lil bit of rake @doc307

Also now that its all broken in, is the ride comparable to stock?

·
Registered
110 Posts
How level is it with the back? Im thinking about running the 612s up front, the ome shocks in the back with cb+2 to keep a lil bit of rake @doc307

Also now that its all broken in, is the ride comparable to stock?
I would go with the +3 in back It will make you sit level to a very slight rake. The ride is a little stiffer than stock but not harsh.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I would go with the +3 in back It will make you sit level to a very slight rake. The ride is a little stiffer than stock but not harsh.
Awesome. Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have 1.5in AAL in the rear and I have very slight rake with the 614's Truck looks great man! Can't go wrong with OME.

·
Registered
104 Posts
@doc307 - Your truck looks awesome, it makes it hard to decide between the OME 612 and 6112. I am curious though, how tall is your truck now? It looks like the height may have increased about 3 5/8 inches which would put it about at 6'7". Is that a fair estimate?

I am trying to figure out what I can get away with due to a restricted height parking garage at work. thanks for the help!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts