Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Officially the new owner of a 2010 Toyota Tundra DC! Got a pretty good feel for it on my 800 mile test drive back from Texas to Kentucky. The body has maybe 5 extremely minor cosmetic defects and the interior was pretty clean as well. Truck drives and handles great. Everything feels tight and it has a lot of power. I averaged 16-17 mpg on the way home and I am quite pleased with that considering it has 295/70r18 (34") Nitto Ridge Grapplers which are a mud/all terrain hybrid tire. The a/c click mentioned in previous post seems to only happen the first time you move it from vent to floor. After that it doesn't make any more noise when changing where the air blows out. I believe this could be something that has gotten past the filter considering the cabin air filter was filthy and had gotten a hole in it. I replaced the filter and vacuumed the duct out best I could through the cabin filter access hole. I plan to remove the blower and vacuum down stream of the fan as well. The only other issue I had was ants. I noticed them the next day after getting it home. This truck sat quite a bit so I guess they found their way in and got stirred up on the long drive. I put out an ant bait trap that captured quite a few and I haven't seen any in the last day so I guess that trap took care of them. Overall I'm very pleased with the truck and look forward to many miles behind the wheel. Pics to come this weekend!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice looking truck! You'll definitely want to check out all the fluids and see if anything is needing servicing. (Oil, transmission, differentials, transfer case, power steering, coolant.) The plugs should also be replaced at 10-years with OEM iridiums. (Lots of fake ones out there so I just go to my dealer to get them.)

Reactions: H2O MAN

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Nice looking truck! You'll definitely want to check out all the fluids and see if anything is needing servicing. (Oil, transmission, differentials, transfer case, power steering, coolant.) The plugs should also be replaced at 10-years with OEM iridiums. (Lots of fake ones out there so I just go to my dealer to get them.)
Thanks! So far I've replaced the cabin air filter, wiper blades, and greased the universals. I plan to swap all the drive line fluids to Amsoil synthetics in phases. Engine oil till has about 2500 miles before it needs changing so ill probably do the diffs and transfer case first since they all use the same fluid. Engine oil after that and then replace trans fluid at 100k. I saw the recommended interval for spark plugs is 120k so ill plan for that unless I start to see any issues. I also considered doing a coolant, power steering, and brake fluid flush at some point just for good measure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Before I bought mine I shopped around on Carfax found 3 within 500 miles of my location 2010,2014,2015 all with less than 25,000 miles talked for a week and exchanged emails got the price down from $36,000 to $24,874. I always buy at the end of the month near a holiday. I arrived with my PAL they raised the price and I threatened to leave. Agreed in $25,000 out the door. Despite me telling them the correct tax and tag fees for my state they overcharged me and had to refund me in 2 checks just over $1700 - they would've made more if they stuck to the original pricing. My 2015 Tundra SR5 Doublecab had 14,000 miles, 5.7L running boards, weather tech floor mats, factory sprayed in bedliner, full towing package including trailer brakes, chrome package. I now have 50,000 miles on it and have been repeatedly offered by dealers $57,000-72,000 outright not trade-in so they could resell because of demand and shortage of supply. Don't be afraid to travel up to 1,000 miles if you can save thousands on the price, turn it into a getaway for the spouse and save at the same time. The reason I do it is prices are high locally, at the time 2010 with 130,000 miles was $37,000, 2018 was $62,000. Do your due diligence and Drive a little and save a lot.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts