Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a strange problem and I've searched the forum with no luck so far. I've only had my truck for about 2 months. About a week after getting it I noticed there was a drop of liquid on the +/- rocker on the column shifter. I wiped it off and didn't think much about it, but it bothered me for a second since I'm pretty anal about the interior of my vehicles. Couldn't figure out how it would have gotten there, but shrugged it off and continued on my merry little way. Long story short, yesterday I noticed it again for about the 6th or 7th time. I've wiped it off every time and just can't figure out where it might be coming from. Last time I smelled to see if I could get a clue and it doesn't smell like anything. It's a very slow moving drip so it's obviously thicker than water. Maybe the consistency of vegetable oil.
It's not dripping from the roof. I thought about some kind of condensation from the a/c, but I've only used it about 4 or 5 times since buying the truck. Does anybody have ANY idea where this could be coming from or what's going on?? It's driving me crazy at this point. I was able to shrug it off the first couple times, but now I'm completely baffled and bothered. HELP me get this figured out so I can stop racking my brain!!

Here are a couple pics...

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there's certainly something weird about it! I've not dismissed the possibility of some sort of paranormal activity. At this point, it's the only thing I can come up with!

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a tear....You'd be crying too if you wanted to be just like the Cool Kids (The center console shifters) but you were just a lame column shifter.
:hilarious: That's a great theory, but unfortunately not good enough for me to believe! Nice try though!

· Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Did your dealer "goop" detail the truck before you got it? I had that experience with another dealer back in the day. The inside of the truck looked like a Armorall bottle exploded. I was getting drips like that for a few months after, even after I cleaned the entire interior out from the detail explosion.

...I vote for paranormal activity though. Get Zac Baggins on that ASAP.

Reactions: Powertechn2

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did your dealer "goop" detail the truck before you got it? I had that experience with another dealer back in the day. The inside of the truck looked like a Armorall bottle exploded. I was getting drips like that for a few months after, even after I cleaned the entire interior out from the detail explosion.
not as far as I know. I don't notice this ANYWHERE else in the cab. And the fact that it just mysteriously reappears from time to time leads me to believe that's not it.... but I'm just guessing

· Registered
14,309 Posts
Is it from the center of the up rocker?

Have you been eating fast food?

Jk :lol5:

Anyway, if you have a compressor and blow gun, try blowing around the switch, it may be dielectric grease from under the rocker on the contacts possibly...

· Registered
403 Posts
Thats wierd, I cant' imagine where that could be coming from. A couple of other posts got me wondering why you'd want the shifter in the center as opposed to the column. I like having seating for 6, and I like having my honey scoot up to me on the road.

· Registered
90 Posts
It looks like a depressed, crying cyclops:(

It's probably the mold oils

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's baaack! I'm beyond weirded out now. Actually starting to just laugh it off now. Still very confused though!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
809 Posts
Probably new autobot from Cybertron in disguise???? Really probably excess armorall but that is a long time for it to be still oozing out.

· Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Anything on the air vents, or in?

Has to be coming from somewhere to "disperse" it. ...and hopefully not from your pants while driving WOT. Hahahaha!

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Check the back of the steering wheel, where the column connects to it. I've seen them greased up pretty well before. Could be when you make a sharp turn in a parking lot, or backing up, getting the wheel moving quick could sling the goop at just the right angle. Just a theory.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.