Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a TRD Pro skid plate on my truck. The oil filter is easy to get out and drain without making a mess. What solutions have people come up with to not get oil all over the skid plate from the oil pan? I noticed before pulling the plug it was going to be an issue. Used a ton of towels to try and create a barrier but still had a lot of clean up afterwards.

Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
https://www.nospillsystems.com/

They recommend going with the Compact design plug which is part# 15-12125-01.

Also, the matching drain hose part#s are the CD 2001 (straight) and CD 2003 (90 degree). They don’t automatically come with every plug.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone had problems with the Fumoto leaking? Have to check out the no spill option as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had the futomo valve in my truck since 30k and I'm now at 150k. No problems or leaks to report... other than I feel it takes longer to drain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
I didn't know there was a Fumoto for the drain plug! Only knew of one for the bottom of the oil filter housing from Jowett. I usually just sacrifice a rag... arranging it as best I can to direct the spill.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Might give this one a try. Looks like the no-spill but a little cheaper and comes with the tube.

ValvoMax Oil Drain Valve

ValvoMax Oil Drain Valve - No Tools, No Mess, Fast Drain - for M12-1.25 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077ZGZ39V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_a9rNDbDEACRYM
Interesting device. Seems to use the same concept as the filter housing drain port.

Note: The page linked showed that the item was unavailable. I did an Amazon search for ValvoMax and came up with a page that showed a price of about $35; a little more expensive than the Fumoto (mine was $26).

Looks like it would give good service.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correct it is about $35. It said it was out of stock until Nov as of Sunday. I guess they pulled it off Amazon for now until they get stock. You can buy direct through ValvoMax online. Yes interesting concept maybe a little more secure than the fumoto since it does not have a lever and sits a little more flush to the pan.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've had Fumoto valve on for 4 years and many many miles, driving through deep snow in winters and off road terrain, never had a leak or any issue other than it is very slow to drain, when doing oil changes.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went with a ValvoMax. I will get a review up once I get it installed on my next oil change. Plenty of stock through their website and arrived in just a few days.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just wanted to post a follow up to this. I installed the ValvoMax and had good success with my first oil change. Also it appears to be a bit lower profile than the Fumoto. No issues so far with having it on the last few months.

The drain speed is probably comparable to the Fumoto. Not going to win any competitions but at least I dont have to clean oil off my skid plate and driveway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts