Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 328 Posts

·
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys, this thread is for all those people out there searching frantically for answers on "the biggest tire that will fit" with your setup. Below I am going to list a few possible setups for your Tundras. I would like some of the more knowledgeable members, or members with experience with a specific setup to chime in or "claim" one to work on. Over the next week or so we should have all of the setups covered. If you claim one to work on, please do your homework and present your results in the form of 1 post.

Ground Rules: If you want to claim a list, post in this thread that you are claiming it....and we will leave it up to you for the results and I will update this OP each time somebody completes a setup on the list. Please only post "confirmed" fits for each brand of tire....in order of Biggest possible fit to the smallest. Also, if you list a tire as being able to fit but that tire needs truck modification...please note it with each tire that requires modification of something on the truck(i.e. mudflaps removed, skid plate trimmed, etc...)

If you have a setup that is not listed below, feel free to post your setup and then list the biggest possible tires for your setup. I am trying to list the stock wheels setups first...then move on to aftermarket wheels. Let's knock out the stock ones first....as they are the easiest since we know the width and offset of all stock wheels.

Setup List:

New Gen Tundras:
1. No lift on stock 18" wheels (8" wide/+60 offset)
2. No lift on stock 20" wheels (8" wide/+60 offset)
3. No lift on TRD 17" wheels (8"wide/+38 offset)
4. No lift on TRD 22" wheels (9"wide/+50 offset)
5. 2.5" level kit on stock 18" wheels (8"wide/+60 offset)
6. 2.5" level kit on stock 20" wheels (8"wide/+60 offset)
7. 3/1 level kit on stock 18" wheels (8"wide/+60 offset) - Done! by TCTundra / Post #2
8. 3/1 level kit on stock 20" wheels (8"wide/+60 offset)
9. 3/1 lift on TRD 17" wheels (8"wide/+38 offset) - Done! by TCTundra / Post #45
10. 3/1 lift on TRD 22" wheels (9"wide/+50 offset)
11. 6" lift on stock 18" wheels (8"wide/+60 offset)
12. 6" lift on stock 20" wheels (8"wide/+60 offset)
13. 6" lift on TRD 17" wheels (8"wide/+38 offset)
14. 6" lift on TRD 22" wheels (9"wide/+50 offset)

Note: This is the basic list to begin this thread. I will add to or modify the list as needed if a member posts the setup and does the homework on the tires. This thread will be a great one over time as these lists are completed.

Ok, to start it off I have claimed 2 of the 14 setups. My next post will be an example of what your posts should look like if you decide to jump in and help out.

Helpful Link for Tire Calculations: Awesome Tire Calculator

·
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
3/1 Level Kit on any stock 18" wheels (8"wide/+60 offset)

Setup #7 on the list: 3/1 Level Kit on any stock 18" wheels (8"wide/+60 offset)

Listed in order of biggest OD, then width. All of the below tires WILL fit on the 8" stockers and are approved by the tire manufacturers to do so. If you click on the name of the tire you can read a review and get tire specs on each one...I hyperlinked all of them.
Tires listed in RED below all will require trimming/bending of skid plate and/or removing the mud flaps or even more modification of the truck to make it work. Tires listed GREEN will both fit on the stock wheels and fit on your truck without modification of your truck. I listed the biggest tire from each manufacturer that will work with this setup.

Dick Cepek Radial FCII
305/70/18 (35.1" OD x 12.3" wide)
Note: The manufacturer of this tire did supply the "measured rim" size in their specs. The measured rim size was 9" for this tire. The actual specs when installed on these stock 18" wheels (8" wide) would be 35.1" OD x 11.9" wide.

Toyo OC M/T
LT285/75/18 (35.1" OD x 11.6" wide)

Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ
LT305/70R18 (35.1" OD x 12.2" wide)
Note: The manufacturer of this tire did supply the "measured rim" size in their specs. The measured rim size was 9" for this tire. The actual specs when installed on these stock 18" wheels (8" wide) would be 35.1" OD x 11.8" wide.

Pro Comp Xtreme M/T
LT305/70/R18 (35.1" OD x 12.2" wide)
Note: The manufacturer of this tire does not supply the "measured rim" size in their specs. The rim range for this tire is 8"-10" and I am assuming they measured on like a 9" or 9.5" wide wheel. Assuming they did this, the actual specs when installed on stock wheels (8" wide) would be 35.1" OD x 11.6" - 11.8" wide depending on if Pro Comp spec'd their tire on a 9" or 9.5" wheel respectively.

Maxxis M/T - 762 BigHorn
285/75/R18 (35.1" OD x 11.3" wide)

Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ Radial
LT305/70/18 (35" OD x 12.2" wide)
Note: The manufacturer of this tire did supply the "measured rim" size in their specs. The measured rim size was 9" for this tire. The actual specs when installed on these stock 18" wheels (8" wide) would be 35.1" OD x 11.8" wide.

ProComp XTerrains
35x12.5x18 (34.8" OD x 12.5" wide)
Note: The manufacturer of this tire does not supply the "measured rim" size in their specs. The rim range for this tire is 8"-11" and I am assuming they measured on like a 9" or 9.5" wide wheel. Assuming they did this, the actual specs when installed on stock wheels (8" wide) would be 34.8" OD x 11.9" - 12.1" wide depending on if Pro Comp spec'd their tire on a 9" or 9.5" wheel respectively.

ProComp Xtreme A/T's
35x12.5x18 (34.8" OD x 12.8" wide)
Note: The manufacturer of this tire does not supply the "measured rim" size in their specs. The rim range for this tire is 8"-11" and I am assuming they measured on like a 9" or 9.5" wide wheel. Assuming they did this, the actual specs when installed on stock wheels (8" wide) would be 34.8" OD x 12.2" - 12.4" wide depending on if Pro Comp spec'd their tire on a 9" or 9.5" wheel respectively.

Toyo OC A/T's
LT285/75/18 (34.8"OD x 11.3" wide)

Nitto Terra Grapplers
LT295/70/18 (34.4"OD x 11.77" wide)
Note: The manufacturer of this tire did supply the "measured rim" size in their specs. The measured rim size was 8.5" for this tire. The actual specs when installed on these stock 18" wheels (8" wide) would be 34.4" OD x 11.57" wide.

Cooper Discoverer STT
LT275/70/18 (33.35" OD x 11" wide)

Cooper Discoverer S/T
275/70/18 (33.3" OD x 10.95" wide)

Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10
275/70/18 (33.2" OD x 11" wide)

Michelin LTX AT2
Note: This size was measured on an 8" wheel so the spec is as it states.
285/65/18 (32.56" OD x 11.5" wide)
Note: The manufacturer of this tire did supply the "measured rim" size in their specs. The measured rim size was 8.5" for this tire. The actual specs when installed on these stock 18" wheels (8" wide) would be 32.56" OD x 11.3" wide.

Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs
Note: This size was measured on an 8" wheel so the spec is as it states.
295/65/18 (33.1" OD x 11.8" wide)
Note: The manufacturer of this tire did supply the "measured rim" size in their specs. The measured rim size was 8.5" for this tire. The actual specs when installed on these stock 18" wheels (8" wide) would be 33.1" OD x 11.6" wide.

General Grapper AT2
LT275/70/R18 (33" OD x 10.9" wide)

BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO
LT285/65/18 (32.7" OD x 11.5" wide)
Note: The manufacturer of this tire did supply the "measured rim" size in their specs. The measured rim size was 8.5" for this tire. The actual specs when installed on these stock 18" wheels (8" wide) would be 32.7" OD x 11.3" wide.

Kumho Road Venture A/T
P265/70/18 (32.6" OD x 10.7" wide)

Nitto Dune Grappler
LT285/65/18 (32.52" OD x 11.69" wide)
Note: The manufacturer of this tire did supply the "measured rim" size in their specs. The measured rim size was 8.5" for this tire. The actual specs when installed on these stock 18" wheels (8" wide) would be 32.52" OD x 11.49" wide.

ProComp All Terrain
LT275/65/R18 (32.2" OD x 11" wide)
Note: The manufacturer of this tire does not supply the "measured rim" size in their specs. The rim range for this tire is 7.5"-9.5" and I am assuming they measured on like a 8.5" wide wheel. Assuming they did this, the actual specs when installed on stock 18" wheels (8" wide) would be 32.2" OD x 10.8" wide .

Maxxis MT-754 Buckshot Mudder
275/65/18 (32.1" OD x 10.9" wide)
Note: The manufacturer of this tire does not supply the "approved rim range" size in their specs. The size I listed above is the biggest one on their site with a "measured rim" spec of 8" wide. You will need to contact them if you want to enquire about a bigger possible tire approved for an 8" wide wheel.

Super Swamper VorTrac A/T
Currently no size approved for the 8" wide wheel, but maybe they will in the future. It's a nice tire if you wanna try and see if it will work on an 8" wide stock wheel.

Anybody that knows another size that "will" fit, please correct me and I will update the list. Remember, the tires on this list must be able to fit on the 8" wide wheel, preferrably without voiding the tire warranty. Also, if you see a tire on this list that you can confirm "won't" work....please let us know so I can correct any errors!!

·
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are all you senior members with all the research that you have done? I know alot or most of you have done research for specific setups so let's share it with the forum and centralize all of this tire information in one thread!! I received alot of help from you guys when choosing my wheels/tires, so let's all jump in and complete my above list for noobs and senior members alike. You can PM me if you need clarification on what is needed.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
eh, don't look at me - i just read. haha. i know nothing beneficial about truck lifts/leveling kits and tire fitments.

·
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
eh, don't look at me - i just read. haha. i know nothing beneficial about truck lifts/leveling kits and tire fitments.
Thank you for being honest....and that is what this thread was created for. Guys like you need a little help, as do I, and TT is a great place to get that help. These are some of the most knowledeable people I have come across on the Net....so this thread will become very valuable over time.

I am working on #9 on the list right now...just haven't completed it. That one is for my wheels.

·
Registered
799 Posts
We dont have any members that work or know people with Discount tire?
I am highly interested in this thread

·
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what hasn't been completed on your setup? thought you got everything already?
Oh no...it's only the beginning!! My Post #2 only covers 1 of the 14 setups listed in the Original Post. Look at that list of 14 setups, and claim one if you have done the research. Then post your results as instructed in Post #1. I completed the #7 setup (3/1 lift on stock 18" wheels)

·
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We dont have any members that work or know people with Discount tire?
I am highly interested in this thread
As are about 1000 other members. Every day we see people asking for help on their trucks....this thread will do just that if properly completed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
As are about 1000 other members. Every day we see people asking for help on their trucks....this thread will do just that if properly completed.
this is awesome, I knew there was a reason I joined TT this will be very help to me, thanks TCTundra!!:D

·
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so do you want me to post my set-up?
Thanks for your help Estupido....but I was looking for someone to do all the research for each brand of tire according to their setup. Yours is an aftermarket setup with wheels. My list in Post #1 is for all "stock" wheels or even the TRD wheels. Once those lists are completed....we can move on to aftermarket setups.

As for anyone else looking to chime in or help, look at the list in Post #1 and claim one. I want you to list all the possible tires for each setup that will fit....the biggest one from each brand of tire. Once you claim one of the lists, I will mark it down in Post #1 and then await your results. Each list will require you to do alot of research for that particular setup and then find the biggest tire of each brand that will work with that setup. Look at my Post #2 and you will see what I mean. Also, if you want to list another possible tire brand along with what I listed..feel free to do so and then just list the biggest tire that will fit in that brand for the setup list you claimed to do.

·
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guys, I am still working on #9 off the list. I need some of you other guys who have done lots of research to claim Items #1-6, #8, & #'s 10-14. Let's band together and help each other out. I am almost done with List #9...but am working alot this week and have vacation next week in Austin!!! List #9 will come out when I get back from vacation.

·
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guys, any of you that were interested in the Hankook tires I listed in Post #2......I updated the tire specs that I previously could not find. I had the guys at Hankook email me their tire specs for the Dynapro A/T RF10 and if any of you need a spec on a different size wheel let me know.

·
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Bump for senior members with tire knowledge!!

Here is the list:
New Gen Tundras:
1. No lift on stock 18" wheels (8" wide/+60 offset)
2. No lift on stock 20" wheels (8" wide/+60 offset)
3. No lift on TRD 17" wheels (8"wide/+38 offset)
4. No lift on TRD 22" wheels (9"wide/+50 offset)
5. 2.5" level kit on stock 18" wheels (8"wide/+60 offset)
6. 2.5" level kit on stock 20" wheels (8"wide/+60 offset)
7. 3/1 level kit on stock 18" wheels (8"wide/+60 offset) - done by TCTundra / Post #2
8. 3/1 level kit on stock 20" wheels (8"wide/+60 offset)
9. 3/1 lift on TRD 17" wheels (8"wide/+38 offset) - claimed by TCTundra
10. 3/1 lift on TRD 22" wheels (9"wide/+50 offset)
11. 6" lift on stock 18" wheels (8"wide/+60 offset)
12. 6" lift on stock 20" wheels (8"wide/+60 offset)
13. 6" lift on TRD 17" wheels (8"wide/+38 offset)
14. 6" lift on TRD 22" wheels (9"wide/+50 offset)

I am still working on List #9 and should finish this week!! Anyone else wanna claim another list and work on it for me? I can't do all of these guys!! If you wanna help the members out just let me know which list you are claiming and follow the format I set up in Post #2 when you post your results. If you want one of the lists to work on...just post in here and let me know so I can mark that one down as being "claimed" by a member to be worked on. Hey DISCOUNT TIRE DIRECT would you like to offer some assistance here as well since you are a TT supporting vendor and obviously have the knowledge database to help out?

Also, if you have an aftermarket wheel size (18" x 9", 20 x 9", 22 x 9", etc....) and you have done the research on all tires that would fit you can PM me your list of results and I will add it to my OP and give you credit for doing the tire list on these aftermarket wheel sizes. Remember, please note in your PM which ones require any modification to the truck and which ones will fit without modification. This thread is meant to help all of us out so any help from our members is greatly appreciated.

101 Posts
No lift on TRD 22" wheels (9"wide/+50 offset)
So what does this Mean / What Size AT'S Can i Go With??

101 Posts
If you Know the Answer Please PM me Thanks.

1 - 20 of 328 Posts