Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 530 Posts

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a thread for that mouth watering greatness!

Ill start it off with some oxtail and mushrooms

Served with some white rice with veggies

And soon to be smoked, some mackerel

Dry curing until Sunday then in the cold smoker

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
Now a thread I can really get into. Most people have no clue how good ox tails are. Years ago, we would go to a little hole in the wall where an old African American couple would sells lunch plates. Ox tails and 2 veggies with bread for $5.

·
I Kick Hippies
1,264 Posts
Great thread idea! Perhaps only made better with the recipes that make the pics possible!

Share the food love pics... and your methods :)

·
I Kick Hippies
1,264 Posts
The recipe is to be sold, not to be told
:D

JK!

I have no idea about the oxtails, my wife made it...
Annnnnd she does not speak the words that made that photo possible?

Ask! Share! :D

My suggestion wasn't just for your pics, it was for the thread. Let's get some yum yums flowing... WITH the methods to the madness.

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was JKing, of course i'll share :D

Oxtails, salt, pepper, fresh oregano, fresh rosemary, fresh parsley, red wine
375 degrees in the oven, 3 hours, 2.5 hours in add the mushrooms...
serve with whatever side you like

:D

·
Banned
3,314 Posts
Sorry, that just looks like a pot full of cooked assholes. I'm sure it's good though. I've never tried oxtail but I'd bet its hard to mess up cooling it like that.

I'm in on this thread. I love cooking but I rarely get to cook working long hours. Oddly my wife hates to cook and she being the stay at home mom does 90% of it. Chicken and green bean casserole is about as fancy as we get.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BBQ Last weekend

Cured ribs with a dry rub for 5 days, washed them in cold water, boiled them to about 3/4 cooked

Then I threw them on the grill along with marinated drumsticks

The ribs did not last... at all... they were gone in 10 minutes..

also grilled some mushrooms.. my wife made a garlic sauce that spread over them

Drumsticks

And i want to lose weight.....

Attachments

X

·
0 Posts
Venison tenderloins
Marinaded in beer, BBQ, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, dried ranch seasoning, bacon pieces, steak seasoning, and Cheyenne pepper seasoning for 24 hours. Baked at 350 for half hour or so.
After cooked, little BBQ on top (very lightly) and little brown sugar, broil for a few min till it all caramelized. Served with mashed potatoes.
1383191763766.jpg

Pasta with a deer meat red sauce.
1383192031321.jpg

Sweet and spicy bacon wrapped deer tenderloins with Bacon Alfredo pasta
1383192200665.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

X

·
0 Posts
And they are in Tupperware containers due to me pre making meals for my lunch and dinners. If I cook a meal, its family sized... and I am a single father. So it works out haha

X

·
0 Posts
Deer is very good. Its leaner, has a different flavor to it, if not done right it will be dry. Most deer burger is cut with pork or beef for the fat content. The tenderloins and steak, are similar to beef in texture, but its just a little different flavor due to it being a game animal.

Before
1383192966086.jpg

After
1383192996604.jpg

·
Registered
270 Posts
Pork ribs.
Don't peel, don't boil.
Dry rub. Smoker at 250deg for 3 hours, bone/ skin side down. Be sparing on hickory, it's strong. Pecan or apple wood more better.
Take off, lay out foil. Place a rack on foil, pour some apple cider vinegar on them, wrap tightly in 2 layers foil. Put back on smoker for 30 minutes. Take out and place all the slabs in a regular cooler for at least 30 minutes, they finish cooking in there and gradually rest. Keeps them hot too until served.
Dry rub isn't complicated for good ribs. Equal parts salt, pepper, garlic powder is good. Lawreys seasoned salt is great.

·
Registered
270 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Does every body in PA have a pump Remington rifle?
Nah, some have a lever action Winchester 30-30 haha. Plus there are a few counties that only allow slugs.
This was my Grandfather's rifle, and in 12 years or so it will be my sons. I'm looking to build up a Savage Bolt action... not sure on caliber yet though and the set up yet still thinking that through.

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Other food related things im working on.

I picked these olives as they were just ripening.

Kept them in water, changing the water twice a day for two weeks then putting them in a salt water brine that I changed every three days.
Now they are in a water salt olive oil brine.
The middle jar also has serrano chiles in it... for a little kick :D
The one on the right I picked yesterday, they are fully ripened and I cut a slit into each olive. This one I will just cure in a salt water brine that ill change every 3 days.

Also I am picking my own pickles green tomatoes and cauliflower. The brine gets it red color from a Beet.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,314 Posts
Those cooked assholes were damn tasty... home cooking isnt going to look like restaurant food... but then again, there's no MSG or other crap being used...
nothing but fresh and natural ingredients .

post up what you cook...
Yeap, you are right. I don't know what restaurant food looks like, I hardly go out anymore. Too spendy.

MSG triggers migraines as well, so that a another reason. Most places don't
Like telling you that they use it anyway.

I'm planning on cooking this weekend, not sure what. I'll have to see what's in the freezer when I get home. I'm craving some sort of protein. Maybe pork chops.

1 - 20 of 530 Posts