• B. No

Votes: 101 29.0%
  • C. Kind of, but Toyota should have done more

Votes: 194 55.7%
941 - 960 of 1759 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts

Best shot so far is in the back ground of this pic... I'm not sure I like it...

IMHO the rear bumper and front end look like garbage... I might buy a 2013 and wait for the next redesign unless somebody comes out with some really good aftermarket improvements.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #942 ·
IMHO the rear bumper and front end look like garbage... I might buy a 2013 and wait for the next redesign unless somebody comes out with some really good aftermarket improvements.
I share your humble opinion. There are some angles that make the current gen trucks look not-so great, but for the most part I think they are very good looking. This "new" truck on the other hand, is not a step in the right direction....

Reactions: Wacked

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree with many of you. I do not like the new design.

I'm sure glad I got my 2012. What drew me to the Tundra to begin with was the mean look which looks nothing like the big 3. The big 3 all have a tradition truck appearance. Not sure if that even makes sense. The Tundra, at least to me, has a more aggressive look viewing it from the front as well as looking at it angled from either front left or right corner. The rounded edges lend even more to that aggressive look. The windscreen appears to be angled a bit more as if to be more aerodynamic. Makes the truck look fast. Looking at it from the side, the curved line above the rear wheel also lends to the speedy look. Now, looking at it from the rear, I like how wide those taillights make it look. I saw another poster state that it has "a fat ass". Exactly. On the inside, the dash cluster appealed to me. It did not look like the traditional cluster. The deep tubes was something I had never seen. These features are what drew me to purchase my first Tundra.

This new design has gone totally opposite. Again, this is just my opinion. The truck looks like a blend of the big 3. Front and sides look like a GMC. Like I said, glad I got mine already. I'll wait a few years before considering another purchase. :)

Reactions: riccnick and Wacked

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Re: Official 2014 Tundra Discussion Thread! (All others will be deleted)

I apologize for repeating this, if someone already posted.

I just received my latest issue of Truck Trend and it's first look at the new Tundra.

I quote, "When asked about the lack of changes to the power train, chief engineer Mike Sweets said... Toyota didn't want to sacrifice QDR (quality, durability and reliability) and increase cost with new technologies unless the cost increase for the technology ensured a return on investment in MPG for the customer."

That's all folks.

:)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just called the Dallas Auto Show office, and they didn't have it shown in their list of 2014 vehicles. Then again, did the Chicago show have it listed? I know that websites confirmed that it would be unveiled in Chicago, but I don't think the actual show listed it.

Heck, I might just run to the show to see if it's there...
FYI - They brought the 1794 edition to Denver's show. I wonder why it wasn't in KC.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I apologize for repeating this, if someone already posted.

I just received my latest issue of Truck Trend and it's first look at the new Tundra.

I quote, "When asked about the lack of changes to the power train, chief engineer Mike Sweets said... Toyota didn't want to sacrifice QDR (quality, durability and reliability) and increase cost with new technologies unless the cost increase for the technology ensured a return on investment in MPG for the customer."

That's all folks.

:)

I betcha' my interview beats their interview! :lol5:

Q&A with Mike Sweers, Toyota Chief Engineer for Tundra and Tacoma | Tundra Headquarters Blog

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
I guess i'm in the minority but, I like it, especially the interior looks really nice. I will be checking out a crewmax maybe at the end of the year

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
I like it more and more.

i'm thinking of a platinum grey metallic with color match grill surround and then flat black the insert. Add flat black or gunmetal colored wheels, cooper st maxx tires, and we have a winner.:lol5:

love that interior.

don't know if I will be able to afford the platinum though, and a limit will take more effort to color match it looks like.

·
Registered
833 Posts
interior looks good but the exterior is killin' me. i thought my initial reaction was going to change since the release date but that is not the case. i keep getting hints of ridge line and ram when i see the clip and i don't care for either one of them.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I bet that interior would fit into my 2010. Same cab. Chase down a wrecked 2014 and pull the interior....hmmm

I was thinking the same thing. That the 2014 Interior would fit into a second gen Tundra.
If you get a chance to try it out before any one else let us know how it works out. I am interested in that also.

·
Spooge Guzzler
6,351 Posts
I'm not sure, but it might be easier to buy a 2014, drop 2nd gen bed, hood, front quarter panels and front end on. Not sure which would be more expensive, but I would rather swap body panels onto a brand new truck, than try to fit an entire interior and wiring from new to old.

941 - 960 of 1759 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.