Votes: 53 15.2%
  • B. No

Votes: 101 29.0%
  • C. Kind of, but Toyota should have done more

Votes: 194 55.7%
921 - 940 of 1759 Posts

· Premium Member
829 Posts
I am wondering what features will be available on the 2014s. I have not come across a list of any thing yet.
I want to know if a moon roof will be offered on a dc
If a rear defrost power sliding window will be an option (not the roll down one like on the crewmax, which would be nice if they did make that available on the dc, but I doubt it).
I would like to see a list of what will be available options on both the cm and dc.

Reactions: Wacked

· Premium Member
2,951 Posts
I purchased a '04 crew max 4X4 Limited brand new and loved it so much had the company just before I sold it buy me a new exactly the same '06 (even though the '04 only had 20k on the mileage). Didn't want a '07 because of the lack of a 6 1/2 foot bed available with the crew max. I never keep a vehicle more the 45k to 50k but still have and still love the '06. It has 135k miles and have only done a valve belt swap and just installed the 3rd set of disk pads. Hands down the best vehicle I have ever owned (I currently own 8, a mix of sports cars, cars, trucks and motor home)....love this truck! I only write all this because I agree with most of you, the new truck is a major disappointment. The '06 is getting tired and soon will need to be "put down" and I was really hoping for DI (better mileage and performance), longer bed for the crew max, upgraded frame etc. Major bummer....thinking for the first time ever going with a Dodge....:(.
Technically there wasn't a CM until '07. I believe the biggest cab configuration through '06 was not any bigger than a DC, so the bed length should not be an issue for you.

And what's wrong with the Toyota frame? You haven't been reading too many F150 forums have you?

The current truck is excellent, and the '14 is very similar so I don't see how it is a "major disappointment".

· Registered
14 Posts
Technically there wasn't a CM until '07. I believe the biggest cab configuration through '06 was not any bigger than a DC, so the bed length should not be an issue for you.

And what's wrong with the Toyota frame? You haven't been reading too many F150 forums have you?

The current truck is excellent, and the '14 is very similar so I don't see how it is a "major disappointment".
Thanks for the replys guys. Some have mentioned my questioning the Tundra frame as a concern. I moved to N. Idaho from So Cal in '08 and the story I get up here is there is a concern about rust. As for the bed, true my 06 rear seats aren't as large as the '07 and up's models but I do need "4 doors" and a 5 1/2 bed on a full size truck IMO is very limiting. As for the '14 being lighter so the mileage may improve somewhat.....that's kind of silly being the kind of mileage Dodge and Ford are now offering. As for my being sorry about buying a Dodge, this comment is spot. I haven't been a fan of their products sense my father sold his '68 Charger 440 RT (LOL) and after much thought still can't pull the trigger on a Dodge, 2013 truck of the year or not.

· Registered
491 Posts
Thanks for the replys guys. Some have mentioned my questioning the Tundra frame as a concern. I moved to N. Idaho from So Cal in '08 and the story I get up here is there is a concern about rust. As for the bed, true my 06 rear seats aren't as large as the '07 and up's models but I do need "4 doors" and a 5 1/2 bed on a full size truck IMO is very limiting. As for the '14 being lighter so the mileage may improve somewhat.....that's kind of silly being the kind of mileage Dodge and Ford are now offering. As for my being sorry about buying a Dodge, this comment is spot. I haven't been a fan of their products sense my father sold his '68 Charger 440 RT (LOL) and after much thought still can't pull the trigger on a Dodge, 2013 truck of the year or not.
I think the 07+DC rear seats are about as spacious as the previous Double Cab even though the doors were bigger. I wish the bed was bigger too but if it bothers you just leave your tailgate down and get a bed extender.

I'm currently at 191,xxx miles on my original brakes so I'm kinda baffled as to how you've gone through so many sets. I carry a few hundred lbs of equipment at all times and tow regularly sometimes 10k lbs and still my brakes go on.....

I treat my truck like a truck, it's got scratches and dents been in saltwater multiple times (one time quite deep) and I have no signs of rust anywhere.

Bottom line is no truck is perfect, find one which has the least imperfections for you. For me that was and still is a Tundra.

· Registered
14 Posts
Thought about lowering the tailgate and using the "gate" however one of the things I use the truck for is to transport my bikes. The heaviest on being a dresser Harley and with the 6 1/2 foot bed like with the '06, the rear tire does rest on the bed. With the shorter bed the tire would be on the tailgate. My concern is that's probably to much weight bouncing up and down centered on one spot for hundreds of miles. Opinions?

· Registered
491 Posts
Thought about lowering the tailgate and using the "gate" however one of the things I use the truck for is to transport my bikes. The heaviest on being a dresser Harley and with the 6 1/2 foot bed like with the '06, the rear tire does rest on the bed. With the shorter bed the tire would be on the tailgate. My concern is that's probably to much weight bouncing up and down centered on one spot for hundreds of miles. Opinions?
Why not get a DC then? They have an 8 foot bed option if I'm not mistaken. Going from an 06 DC to a 07+ DC is not really a sacrifice in space IMO.

· Registered
491 Posts
I am wondering what features will be available on the 2014s. I have not come across a list of any thing yet.
I want to know if a moon roof will be offered on a dc
If a rear defrost power sliding window will be an option (not the roll down one like on the crewmax, which would be nice if they did make that available on the dc, but I doubt it).
I would like to see a list of what will be available options on both the cm and dc.
Isn't a roll down rear window in a DC an option since 2012 or so?

· Premium Member
829 Posts
Isn't a roll down rear window in a DC an option since 2012 or so?
I dont know. I test drove Tundras in late 2012 and the ones I test drove were not equipped with one, unless it was a CM. Of course I did not think to ask if it was available on the DC, because I did not think it was an available option on the DC.

· Registered
491 Posts
I dont know. I test drove Tundras in late 2012 and the ones I test drove were not equipped with one, unless it was a CM. Of course I did not think to ask if it was available on the DC, because I did not think it was an available option on the DC.
According to this it is

Toyota Tundra Truck - 2013 Features

But then again it says Not Available on the CM so who knows, but IIRC it is an option.

· Premium Member
1,938 Posts
As for the '14 being lighter so the mileage may improve somewhat.....that's kind of silly being the kind of mileage Dodge and Ford are now offering.
For me these "big" mileage improvements are suspect. Don't get me wrong, my 13 combined isn't stellar by any stretch but here is my experience for what it's worth...

I have always got what Toyota puts on their window sticker. Never been shocked in either direction. However, every GM and Chrysler product has trended 5mpg lower than the sticker. Not to say I wouldn't mind 20mpg for reals. I don't buy Ford's Ecoboost claims because everyone I have talked to here in Vegas with one loves it, but the window sticker is a far cry from reality. Of course, they have their mod bugs too, so I usually talk to those with small lifts and bigger tires.

If I was in the market for a truck, I would look at Ford F150 and F250. I really like the F250 series, they always turn my head.

For me, I need the SUV/Truck blend the Crewmax gives. I have an expanding family and I like the comfort. I just got my '12 CM and will drive it for a long time.

I was just talking with wifey last night and said when I drive the Tundra, it's like being on vacation. I love it. It's fun, comforting, and completely enjoyable. Yeah, it's more expensive to drive, but my business pays the gas bill and I don't really drive more than 8K a year.

I am a Toyota fanboy only because of past experience. I've had issues with everything else I have owned with the exception of Mercedes oddly enough (both newer non chrysler). I've owned over 11 Toyotas without hiccup. I'm a fan of turn key and go. I'll pay the man at the pump for that until another brand can sway me into trying again.

· Banned
514 Posts
The Ford Ecoboost is all hype and marketing, which I fell for and then came crawling back.

If you get the lower rear end with the EB aka the 3.55 rear end you will get higher mileage but you won't be able to tow much of anything. If you pickup the 3.73 rear end with max tow package and EB you will get the same or worse mileage as the Tundra 5.7. Take it from a guy that had one and found out the hard way that Ford's payload, towing, and mileage are not what they claim. That's not counting the 11 different issues I had with the truck between engine and cosmetics. Cheaper? hell no, paid just as much for the Ford as I did the Tundra, in fact I think I paid less for a better equipped Tundra.

· Premium Member
82 Posts
Official 2014 Tundra Discussion Thread! (All others will be deleted)

Pretty disappointed Toyota didn't bring the 2014 to the KC auto show. Saw the red 2013 RW in person tho and its sick.
Well if toyota had any sense in understanding the negative feedback from the Detroit showing, they probably wouldn't let this truck see another showroom floor.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
67 Posts
Anybody know if its at the Dallas show this weekend?
I just called the Dallas Auto Show office, and they didn't have it shown in their list of 2014 vehicles. Then again, did the Chicago show have it listed? I know that websites confirmed that it would be unveiled in Chicago, but I don't think the actual show listed it.

Heck, I might just run to the show to see if it's there...

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #940 ·
If anyone has seen a pic of the double cab please post it or post a link and I'll post it. I haven't been able to find a pic of it.
I had see one online somewhere, it was white, but I haven't been able to find it since. If you watch the video of the unveiling, they show the white one in the background shot. The DC's look hideous.

Best shot so far is in the back ground of this pic... I'm not sure I like it...

921 - 940 of 1759 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.