Votes: 53 15.2%
  • B. No

Votes: 101 29.0%
  • C. Kind of, but Toyota should have done more

Votes: 194 55.7%
901 - 920 of 1759 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Crewmax with a bench seat, it was the Tundra Grade. I will get some pics for you this evening.
Thanks! no rush, but I appreciate it!!

Reactions: Wacked

· Registered
3,086 Posts
for a 2013, you can get a bench seat in front for a crewmax, but for 2014 no one really knows yet but I am guessing 80% sure you would be able to just not in the limited versions, maybe SR5 tundra grade most likely which is mid-level trim with enough goodies for me.

I do know though the new 2014 crewmax has the rear seats folding up just like the DC does now and NOT down anymore which is smart if you ask me offering much more interior room height wise to get stuff inside. But, have heard rumors the rear seats don't recline and slide anymore because of this upward incline feature which would suck even worse since I think that is a very useful recline/slide rear seat feature of the current crewmax. See, Toyota in an attempt to fix one thing screws up another in the process.

· Registered
106 Posts
Thanks, I am going to have to go this route, unfortunately.

It's better than getting a mini van etc. What really is killing me is finding a black crewmax, bench seat, with a 5.7 NOT FFV... I really want the supercharger.

Not my truck, but identical,

· Spooge Guzzler
6,351 Posts
I wouldn't call it unfortunate. I find the bench config to be a much more useful and flexible config.
The only unfortunate part is that it won't be found in black.
The only black cloth interiors are in the rock warrior trim and that trim only comes with center console and console shifter.
There's black leather, but again, I'm pretty sure that anything that comes in leather, will be a trim that only comes in bucket seat config.
As a matter of fact, the only bench seats I've ever seen, have been in base models and only in gray.
One option is to get the bench seat and get new seat covers. It's a little pricey for nice ones, but at least it's an option. If I had the extra cash to burn, I'd like to do my entire interior in black. Seats, rug, arm rests, the whole enchilada.
The black interiors are nice.

· Registered
37 Posts
Rrzxter
I too like all black interiors, on my other ride everything is black on the inside, the only problem is that everything shows up on it. Black mats don't hold up too well either. I have a base tundra with the grey interior and it seems like it hides most of the blemishes.

· Registered
106 Posts
I am looking to get the cloth interior and then add the leather seats from a custom shop in Little Rock. They did some work on my seats in my current crewmax that was awesome! I had a nice gentlemen in need, that decided to break into my truck and steal a $150 garmin. Had to replace leather, door panels, window, etc...middle of the day on a Sunday, crowded parking lot...moral of the story, drive a POS to the mall if ever if little rock.

· Registered
31 Posts
After seeing the 2014, I went to the dealer and picked up a 2013 rock warrior. I like the way the new ones look, but I'm still not feeling the front end. Hopefully it'll grow on me over time but the interior definitely looks better. However, I'm very happy with my RW.

· Registered
375 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
I purchased a '04 crew max 4X4 Limited brand new and loved it so much had the company just before I sold it buy me a new exactly the same '06 (even though the '04 only had 20k on the mileage). Didn't want a '07 because of the lack of a 6 1/2 foot bed available with the crew max. I never keep a vehicle more the 45k to 50k but still have and still love the '06. It has 135k miles and have only done a valve belt swap and just installed the 3rd set of disk pads. Hands down the best vehicle I have ever owned (I currently own 8, a mix of sports cars, cars, trucks and motor home)....love this truck! I only write all this because I agree with most of you, the new truck is a major disappointment. The '06 is getting tired and soon will need to be "put down" and I was really hoping for DI (better mileage and performance), longer bed for the crew max, upgraded frame etc. Major bummer....thinking for the first time ever going with a Dodge....:(.

· Premium Member
1,938 Posts

· Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Here are some more ideas for Toyota to copy for the 2015 model:rolleyes:
F-150 is ditching the round air vents (sold the patent to Toyota:D) and incorporation Range Rover tail lights lol.

Ford Atlas Concept Rear Three Quarter 5 Photo 27

Interested to see what makes it into production. Spacecraft are cool and all but sometimes the end result gets neutered pretty bad. I really dig the Atlas. Hopefully most of it makes it.

Wheel shutters huh? Man o' man don't get that truck dirty.

· Banned
514 Posts
I purchased a '04 crew max 4X4 Limited brand new and loved it so much had the company just before I sold it buy me a new exactly the same '06 (even though the '04 only had 20k on the mileage). Didn't want a '07 because of the lack of a 6 1/2 foot bed available with the crew max. I never keep a vehicle more the 45k to 50k but still have and still love the '06. It has 135k miles and have only done a valve belt swap and just installed the 3rd set of disk pads. Hands down the best vehicle I have ever owned (I currently own 8, a mix of sports cars, cars, trucks and motor home)....love this truck! I only write all this because I agree with most of you, the new truck is a major disappointment. The '06 is getting tired and soon will need to be "put down" and I was really hoping for DI (better mileage and performance), longer bed for the crew max, upgraded frame etc. Major bummer....thinking for the first time ever going with a Dodge....:(.
The new Tundra is lighter so better fuel economy and power is inherent, we just don't know how much. I like the mind set that Toyota has with their powertrains... if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Once everyone releases their "new" crap, Toyota will no doubt release an updated truck frame and powertrain. The Tundra frame is not weak, that's the Raptor your thinkin of.

If ya go Dodge, look at a diesel... if you go with a 1/2 you will be back over here quicker than you think.

· Chief of Grammar Police
3,615 Posts
All I really want to know at this point is if they fixed the mirrors so that they don't leak water for an hour after you wash the truck. If they did I will be the first in line to get one off the transport truck.

· Premium Member
1,973 Posts
I can't wait to see one in person to get a good look at that front end. I'm just not into it. Also I'm wondering if they changed the back door windows on the double cab.

From the photos, the rear doors and windows look exactly the same as the ones now. And the DC looks ridiculous with the new front end. The whole truck looks very unproportionate on the DC.

901 - 920 of 1759 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.