Votes: 53 15.2%
  • B. No

Votes: 101 29.0%
  • C. Kind of, but Toyota should have done more

Votes: 194 55.7%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
829 Posts
This is how Toyota works. Refresh, then engine changes. I think the point was this truck is no better or worse than current offerings from other manufacturers. They all claim big numbers but it seems real world is not living up to these facts.

Toyota will come out with the new power plants and drivetrain end of 2015. Look at the 1986 Hilux, the 95 Tacoma, they carried over power plants, then dropped new ones.

I thought every 4Runner that came out was ugly but even the new one is finally growing on me.

Look at it this way, your resale value did not take a large hit. I like the new truck but god damn that front grill is hard to get used to. Personally however, I wish they didn't go mainstream. Oh well. I have four years of payments on my 2012. I'll know at the end of that what to do I bet!
So I have to wait until 2015 to see what type of power plants and drivetrains they will have? I would hope they would do it sooner. I will just have to do some more research and see what direction I want to go.

· Premium Member
829 Posts
If you think about it it makes sense. It's pretty hard to road test a new engine and tranny when you're trying to keep a body style secret. Now they can throw a new engine and tranny in a truck and drive it anywhere and no one will know. I personally think its a better way of doing things rather than throw a a whole new untested combo in and let customers do the testing.
True. I want a Tundra, now I am not sure which to get. I may wait until they are officially on sale and see what the specs ie mileage and so forth are like.

Reactions: Wacked

· Premium Member
829 Posts
He fixes and sells houses in Florida, right, right baby?
Yes he does now. He was also on Ty Murrays celebrity bull riding show a while back when it was on tv. Got to give Vanilla Ice credit for successfully building his business. He is even married and has a couple of daughters.
At least he is doing something to provide for his family, and did not go broke blowing all of his money on gold toilets.

· Premium Member
829 Posts
I am wondering what features will be available on the 2014s. I have not come across a list of any thing yet.
I want to know if a moon roof will be offered on a dc
If a rear defrost power sliding window will be an option (not the roll down one like on the crewmax, which would be nice if they did make that available on the dc, but I doubt it).
I would like to see a list of what will be available options on both the cm and dc.

· Premium Member
829 Posts
Isn't a roll down rear window in a DC an option since 2012 or so?
I dont know. I test drove Tundras in late 2012 and the ones I test drove were not equipped with one, unless it was a CM. Of course I did not think to ask if it was available on the DC, because I did not think it was an available option on the DC.

· Premium Member
829 Posts
I bet that interior would fit into my 2010. Same cab. Chase down a wrecked 2014 and pull the interior....hmmm

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I was thinking the same thing. That the 2014 Interior would fit into a second gen Tundra.
If you get a chance to try it out before any one else let us know how it works out. I am interested in that also.

· Premium Member
829 Posts
I would like to get a Tundra. Toyota does need to think out of the box a little more. They might actually be surprised and pull in more sales than they think or expect. I could always get a used regular cab Tundra for now, but they are hard to find. I would like to see what options they will have available on the new DCs though, before I do anything.

· Premium Member
829 Posts
Gentlemen, I have read every page of this thread and all the excuses made in it ie: Toyota didn't want to go with unproven tech., other mfgs lie about their fuel superior mileage, a 6'4" Crewmax option will make it to hard to turn in tight quarters, the interior looks "cleaner" than the competition, and so on and so on. Nobody wants to replace their Tundra with a new Tundra more than me however Toyota really crapped the bed with this '14 redo and will pay for it in sales. My good but tired old Tundra will be replaced with another brand.
The Tundra has an excellent turning radius. I bet if Toyota wanted to they could put a longer bed on a crew max and make it have a great turning radius, like the current trucks do.
A crew max with a 6'5" or a 6'4'' bed would be easy for me to drive. I drive a long semi truck every day.
If you cant handle a pickup in tight quarters maybe you should be driving some little car like a civic or something :rolleyes:

· Premium Member
829 Posts
Sorry for your confusion. If you will reread my original post you'll find the turning radius concern was not mine but rather an excuse made by a previous poster on this thread explaining why a 6'4" bed isn't offered by Toyota. Sense we're posting our driving credentials, I also drive a Freighliner M-2 Heavy chassis but it's built out with a 38' motor home and I also pull a trailer. However thanks for the advice on what type of car I should drive.;)
I am not confused and I did not fail to comprehend your post.
Maybe you are confused :rolleyes:
I used the sarcastic emoticon for a reason, I was being some what sarcastic about what type of car you should get or drive.
Its your money buy what ever you want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.