Votes: 53 15.2%
  • B. No

Votes: 101 29.0%
  • C. Kind of, but Toyota should have done more

Votes: 194 55.7%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Doesn't it look like a Ford on the inside. I don't like the taillights at all. And the headlights is not good enough. And the grill is plain ugly. And no mechanical changes. What is the point of changing my '08 for '14. Smells like i am switching the brand.
Yes it does. Reminds me of a Super Duty interior. Really looks like Toyota just tried to corporate everyone else's truck instead of building there own.

· Registered
184 Posts
Not terrible IMO, but not nearly as much of a step up from 2nd Gen. IMO Toyota made great leaps forward with every redesign of the Tundra, this seems at best to be a step sideways.

Hey Toyota, you want to break into the 1/2 ton market? How about being the first company to put a diesel in a half ton? Is that rocket science? How hard is it to throw a turbo on a V6? Ford did it with great success. Hell throw a turbo/blower on the 4.6 and make it put down significantly more power than the 5.7 If you want to attract new customers you have to be significantly different, the lines have already been blurred between 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks who is going to spend the same money to get a Tundra if you need to tow 10k lbs regularly? They are going to get an F250, simple as that. And if they want MPG they will still get an EcoBoost.

So Toyota, don't be surprised to still be 5th in the full size truck market. You blew other 1/2's away in 07, but they've been playing catchup and you've been apparently resting.....and it shows.
Completely agree with you. If they had slapped a 4.5 diesel in that thing Toyota would have had the big three crap there pants. Oh well. Maybe they will figure it out sooner rather than later. Bet they see an increase in 13 sales haha.

· Registered
184 Posts
Extremely dissapointing Toyota. Absolutely no reason to trade in my 12' RW Crewmax.

The grill and headlight shape are hideous, hate the fenders, hate the tailgate, really hate the taillights.

Interior is nicer than ours yes, but it's such a Ford F-150 copy to the point that it makes me angry. What a ripoff lazy job Toyota engineers.

7 years and you don't even touch the engine? Not even direct injection or get another 20hp out of the same motor? Roll out 2006 technology in your 2013 "redesigned" Tundra, fail.

I'm a total Toyota Truck fanboy and have been for decades. I don't see myself ever owning one of these ugly trucks nor defending them when a domestic fanboy calls them ugly.

Fail, miserable flipping fail Toyota.
Agreed. I have always love Toyota's and my Tundra and this is a total let down. You should here the interview right now pitiful stuff. I have an 11 and my trade up for a 13 rock warrior towards the end of the year if I can find a good deal.

· Registered
184 Posts
This press conference is killing me! These guys really don't have a clue. Asked about power train changes and they did not feel a need to change anything. How about direct injection in all motors, 8 speed transmission, bigger fuel tank!

· Registered
184 Posts
Exactly! Electric power steering, larger fuel tank, direct injection, and an 8 speed would have been no brainers. Morons. I'm bitter to say the least. But hey!, Toyota makes a killer Prius or Corrola. :banghead:
Same here on being bitter! I think what happened is the designers and engineers stumbled upon wacked's avatar and lost their train of thought lol.

· Registered
184 Posts
As I said earlier in the main thread, total fail by Toyota.

2006 engine technology in a new "redesigned" Tundra? FAIL

Grille and headlights & taillights? FAIL

Blatant F-150 interior copy? FAIL

From a Toyota Truck fanboy to the core, I strongly dislike this "redesign" and am extremely dissapointed by the lazy Toyota engineers who refused to listen to people like us on the shortcomings of our still great trucks. Toyota is now dead last in half-ton truck innovations, to the point of embarassment. It's 2013, not 2006.
My thoughts exactly.

· Registered
184 Posts
Adding a diesel option, 6.5' bed for the crewmax, 8 speed tranny, direct injection, bigger fuel tank, and keeping the same body would have been more of a redesign than this. Just a chop shop of the big 3 with some Ridgeline thrown in.

· Registered
184 Posts
I keep looking at the pics and I'm trying to come around but I just don't think it looks good. Reminds me of to many other trucks and not a tundra. Really looks like a ridgeline from the side. Just wish Toyota would have made it there own and not such a copy of the competition. Going to keep my 11 and may get a 13 if the price is right. Hope it sells well though and maybe the next redesign will be better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.