1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Inside scoop! My friend's cousin's brother know a friend that said he saw a girl who was related to the gate manager at the plant that said they were using black wall tires on the new 2014 Tundra! I am still so blown away I can hardly type all of this!!!
Wait...

Round ones?...

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I too am reluctant to believe. Toss up a pic of your badge for the plant..... or what parking lot do you park in?
If he really works there, he should be able to answer this question for us as a solid to the Tundra community.... "Crewmax long bed. Yes or No?"

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
I didn't know anything about Tundras back in 07, but were there any correct leaks on the 07 models before they debuted?
Also, quit trying to peak at your presents before Christmas morning :lol:
I know there were a few of the CM too, but this is about all they had. Toyota does a good job keeping things under wraps. GM actually filmed there own commercial with the 2014 Silverado in camo before it was out.

They got this the night before the debut as they were setting up for the next day. No one had seen the CM yet, but at this time the DC and regular cabs were already shown.

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Added spy photos to first post...

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
"How about photoshopping in a 6.4L engine with 450 hp,(Creo)".

"What Creo said sounds reasonable, (wacked)".

What wacked said about Creo's comment sounds reasonable.
Here ya go. I photoshopped 6.4L V8's in all these trucks under the hood. They barely fit, but I got it to work... I think they'll make at least 480HP....

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
That grill could be really good. I would like to see the interior go down this road...
(i have a thing for land cruisers)

Most important part about that interior: THE HAND BRAKE :lol5:

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
So if they offer the following:

New Frame
CM with 6.5' bed
Interior like Land Cruiser picture above
450HP and 480lbs torque 5.7
Integrated Brake Controller
Tow Ratings in the 13,000 range.
20/25 MPG.

Who is ready to trade their current Tundra in right away?
All it will take for me is:

• MUCH improved interior
  • Not entirely hideous looking
  • Slightly better MPG
  • Would like HIDs standard on Platinum model
  • Possibility of a supercharger

This is, of course, assuming the value of my 2011 doesn't drop in half.
If it gets anywhere near 20 or more MPG on the highway, the Subie is gone.

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
Did anyone give a shit about the superbowl? :lol: I used it as an opportunity to get drunk, and switched teams twice during the game :lol:
So, what you're saying is you switch teams when you are drunk? Does the wife consider that cheating? :lol5:

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #546 ·
I can't beleive they went to a dual filament bulb for lighting! C'mon! Really!? This has been terribly underwhelming...

Reactions: chode and Wacked

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #704 ·
its growing on me...

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #882 ·
Reactions: Wacked

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #940 ·
If anyone has seen a pic of the double cab please post it or post a link and I'll post it. I haven't been able to find a pic of it.
I had see one online somewhere, it was white, but I haven't been able to find it since. If you watch the video of the unveiling, they show the white one in the background shot. The DC's look hideous.

Best shot so far is in the back ground of this pic... I'm not sure I like it...

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #942 ·
IMHO the rear bumper and front end look like garbage... I might buy a 2013 and wait for the next redesign unless somebody comes out with some really good aftermarket improvements.
I share your humble opinion. There are some angles that make the current gen trucks look not-so great, but for the most part I think they are very good looking. This "new" truck on the other hand, is not a step in the right direction....

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #975 ·
Here is another good reason why Toyota had better be working on new engine and transmission technology and introduce them in the next couple years.

General Motors, Ford, to work together on new gas-saving automatic transmissions - The Washington Post

The current Tundra engine and transmission technology simply will not cut it when it comes to what the competition is doing and what the CAFE standards require when it comes to MPG. Hopefully, Toyota will get their act together in the next year or two and we will see some new technology.

Didn't work too well for them on all the six-speed autos they co-developed together.... Not too worried...

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #982 ·
Just because Toyota hasn't announced anything does not mean they are standing idle. They will do it their way, they will not be dragged into all the hype if they are not 100% confident that their product will be on par with Toyota reliability and engineering excellence. Honda does the same thing. Everyone complains when they are late to the game, but they have the best products.

· Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,584 ·
Man, the more and more I look at the 2014's, they are really growing on me.

2014 Toyota Tundra - YouTube
I feel like I have that reaction with a lot of things. I bet when the 2007 Tundra went from flat sides to bubbly it wasn't warmly welcomed either. Not it's going from bubbly to boxy. It will grow on people. I can't wait to see one in person.
I almost puked when I first saw it in 2007, same reaction in 2014. I think the Gen 2's are great looking now, and the '14 is growing on me quite a bit. I have a bunch of them on my wallpaper at work, which is a bad sign, because that usually means it'll be in the driveway soon, lol. :lol5:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.