4,874 Posts
How about photoshopping in a 6.4L engine with 450 hp. :lol5:
and don't forget

STANDARD BORLA exhaust

need to hear the 350 this time, stock!!

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts
You've come back!! :D :D
figured I stop by and say what's up to my long lost tundra brothers.

I live near chi-town and I am pondering going to release, but it's a PITA to deal with downtown in the big city. I hate crowds

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts
Chicago ...nothing a good tidal wave can't fix.
it would take more than a tidal wave, we need a tsunami...

It does have some good stuff,

FOOD. living around chicago we get the best food.

O, and Da bears...

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts
A bit off-topic but

why did all you guys bail on TS?

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts
I hope they don't FUBR this thing,

I don't want to be driving a GMC...they give those things away..

I couldn't believe the discounts when I was shopping in 2010. My tundra is now worth WAY more than the GMC I was looking at. Have to pay the piper sooner or later

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts
General observation here, but everyone that echoes this sentiment, are you saying you bought the wrong truck to begin with? IDK, it seems like the cool thing to say as of late. Diesel in this town is over $4.25 a gallon while gas is about $3.25. I don't see the benefit of diesel with the extra costs of ownership. There has to be something better on the horizon no? I'm not downplaying diesel at all as I know it's fantastic for mpg and pulling power. But here in Vegas, it seems it costs more to drive one.

I just want to understand more about diesel and it's allure as a DD. I know in other countries diesel is cheaper but I'll be damn if in Vegas it's liquid gold.
ya this really seems to be going around of late. But, I don't think I would fork over an extra 4-5K and spend up to 1.00 more per gallon just to have a deisel.

If you tow that heavy, you need a 3/4 or 1 ton truck anyway, so the 1/2 ton deisel doesn't really work from what I have seen. I guess the RAM will be the ginny pig and maybe it will be the best thing ever, of course,

you'll have to buy a ram to get one though:eek:

and then you have to factor in extra repair costs as well:lol5:

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts
I still can't get over the single beam headlights. Dual filament lights suck! We should be seeing standard projector halogens, not a move backwards!
I find my current tundras headlights to be very good. i really don't need any upgrade there.

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts
yea my stock headlight are pretty good! I am always haveing people flashing their lights at me bc they think my lights are on bright and then I put mine on bright and their like oh....
same here, I have to dial them down a bit.

I think i run them at 2 or so on the level dial in the cab

still to this day, when i drive at night or in weather, I think damn the headlights do a good job. Plus I have never had to replace anything so far.

so they can keep any new fancy headlights off the new truck IMO

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts
Where does the moonroof open up to? :lol5:

I know, I know.... They didn't think that far ahead.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
it's just a pop up and removable like in the old tacomas:D

I had one, it was nice

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts
I like the new one better, especially the interior

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts
I guess i'm in the minority but, I like it, especially the interior looks really nice. I will be checking out a crewmax maybe at the end of the year

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts
I like it more and more.

i'm thinking of a platinum grey metallic with color match grill surround and then flat black the insert. Add flat black or gunmetal colored wheels, cooper st maxx tires, and we have a winner.:lol5:

love that interior.

don't know if I will be able to afford the platinum though, and a limit will take more effort to color match it looks like.

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts
can anyone confirm this??

Tough new image, added power ensure the 2014 Toyota Tundra continues as a top pickup truck - NY Daily News

"Powering the new-look Tundra is a choice of three engines, which are re-calibrated but have not received significant hardware changes"

"The V-8 exhaust is retuned to help with engine efficiency, and during acceleration emit a throatier sound than the previous model."

"Performance figures for the 2014 Tundras haven't been announced, but "slightly improved" fuel economy is expected"

"Retuning the suspension -- including changing the shock absorbers, springs and spring rates"

I don't recall seeing these before? the only change I saw before was shock absorber valve change. I never saw anything regarding fuel efficiency and especially V8 exhaust sounds, ect

could these and more small details be coming??

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts
I know that someone asked about this earlier in the thread, but are there any guinea pigs here on the site who are planning on getting one, this year? While I'm currently not a fan of the new style, I have a feeling that the front end will grow on me, and there's no doubt that the interior is an upgrade, though I like the version we all have. I think the new grille will look better in the SR5 style, meaning a chrome surround with the black middle.

When envisioning a lifted Mag Gray (or whatever they call the new gray) 2014 with black wheels and a set of 295/70/18s, I can't imagine it being *totally* hideous. As much as I really want to not like the new one, I'm wondering how much of that is biased (not that there's anything wrong with having two asses) because of the fact that I just bought another Gen 2. I effing love my truck, but I have a feeling that I might eventually want to get in on the new action, once they've tweaked a few things and ironed out any potential issues.
I am likely going to look at one and I may buy one if the math works out.

I am also thinking of a mag grey platinum crewmax with flat black wheels or dark charcoal wheels wrapped with ST Maxx tires like I have now, with the grill insert painted flat black. That will be sweet looking...

does anyone know if there is a paint durable (professionally done of coarse) that you could use on the plastic portion of the grill insert that would hold up?

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts
Even as much as people have bashed the truck, you've got to keep in mind that there are a lot of people out there who HAVE to be the first to have something, even if it isn't very awesome....like the Jones's :D

Then, the Smith's down the road can come in and buy the Jones's used truck, 2-3 years later, at a reasonable price ;)
I also think that there are some that can't afford a new truck again this soon and so they have to bash it because they are stuck with the truck they have already and don't want to admit it. (not saying you personally).

someone can buy my 2010 at a reasonable price;):lol5:

ps. love the sig pic

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts

· Premium Member
4,874 Posts
Be glad it looks nothing like the 2014 4-Runner...Gawd that thing is hideous!

I saw that thing for the 1st time today,

OMG they phucked that up.

What is going on with toyota?

and they still have all the same engine etc,

4runner = ruined...

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.