Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not intended to be a Commercial Post.

Wanted to create an archive of the reviews associated with the OEM Audio Plus Sound Solutions made exclusively for the Toyota Tundra Crewmax / Double Cab:

What are Owners saying about OEM Audio Plus?
(Did we miss your review?! Send us the link via PM - Thanks!!)

**'14+ TUNDRA CREWMAX PRODUCT SHOWCASE**

71_340 (JBL Enhancement)
awedio (Crewmax)
FishCandy (Crewmax /JBL Enhancement)
DIABLODALTON (Crewmax)
HorwitzS (Crewmax)
JoeG (Crewmax)
Lancelotlink (Crewmax)
loligager (Crewmax / JBL Enhancement)
marxtoy (Double Cab)
mvanek (Double Cab)
pvmike (Crewmax)
Sparkylpm (Crewmax)

Be sure to share your feedback!!!

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
nice to see you guys are a vendor here now. :headbanger:

·
Registered
7 Posts
New tundra owner here and I have to say I'm stuck choosing between oem+ and tacotunes. Normally I'd just do my own setup, but these days the convenience of plug in play is just too compelling. I searched for comparison, and people seem to be pleased with both setups. Why should I choose oem+ over tacotunes?

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
Glad to support the Tundra community!
I was in contact with Daniel La Blanc threw Email and by phone he was really helpfull . I too am on the fence to what to do.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New tundra owner here and I have to say I'm stuck choosing between oem+ and tacotunes. Normally I'd just do my own setup, but these days the convenience of plug in play is just too compelling. I searched for comparison, and people seem to be pleased with both setups. Why should I choose oem+ over tacotunes?
Great question! We will strive as much as possible to provide you with an objective (non-biased) answer. Likewise our intention will be to further describe what O+ is all about vs a comparison. Primarily because comparing the O+ solution to aftermarket is not an apples to apples comparison. For instance all OEM Audio Plus components undergo extensive OEM-Grade testing and certification (10-Year performance and reliability) So we can deliver the best "long-term ownership satisfaction" possible - This is a level of Quality Control not required of aftermarket products.

OEM Audio+ was founded on the premise of manufacturing simple, finely executed sound systems utilizing the highest OEM industry standards and guaranteeing high-resolution sound reproduction the moment you plug the system in.

Our 25+ years of experience has taught us to strive for a delicate balance of sound quality (clean, crisp, clear sound), intensity (high volume without distortion), and reliability (no discernible impact, audibly, electrically or mechanically on its components and to the vehicle when the system is played to its limits). We are proud to offer Tundra owners a turn-key sound solution that we guarantee will exceed their expectations in sound quality, fit/finish and reliability. We are confident you will not find a better sound experience for the money*.

Again, our intent of this reply is not to "challenge" any other brand, but to further clarify our Mission and standards regarding our Sound Systems made specifically for the Toyota Tundra.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am on the fence between O+ and doing my own setup. Is there an O+ setup that allows me to use my own sub easily? I have a 16 Platinum that has the JBL setup.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That's a sub I'm willing to buy. Will I be able to hook it up to my non OEM amp? That's friggen slick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
452 Posts
I wish you guys had something with more than an 8" woofer for the tundras. like say 2 10"s or 1 12"

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wish you guys had something with more than an 8" woofer for the tundras. like say 2 10"s or 1 12"

Completely understood. We knew when deciding on the 8" Subwoofer that it would be a bit of a "obstacle" for the consumer mindset, but hearing is believing.

When originally setting out to produce our complete sound solution, our team evaluated an 8", 10" and 12" options and acoustically measured their frequency response, performance, behavior with all our other components and the acoustics of the vehicle - And it was apparent, if we were going to be true to our promise of producing High Resolution Audio that delivers Clean, Crisp Clear sound and deep low frequency reproduction that is felt as much as heard... our 8" Quad-Coil Subwoofer was the best solution.

A few things to consider:

The O+ subwoofer system is a sealed corner mounted enclosure, which means no energy ("umph") is lost.

Every component is designed, engineered and tuned from the ground up specifically for each other for the maximum performance and ABOVE ALL sound quality. Therefore your O+ sound solution isn't relying exclusively on the sub for your low frequency (bass) reproduction. Our upgraded 6X9 Woofer actively contributes resulting in an immersive bass experience (without compromising the clarity and detail of your music).

Lastly, The signature tuning. You can expect deep, impactful bass reproduction (as long as it's in the recording) the moment you plug the O+ sound solution in.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That's a sub I'm willing to buy. Will I be able to hook it up to my non OEM amp? That's friggen slick

So um, can I hook this up to my own amp? I really like it....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
can I hook this up to my own amp?
Thanks for your feedback regarding our designs! It is our mission to produce components that seamless integrate into your Tundra without compromising, space, functionality and vehicle warranty. Due to the nature of our sound solutions we do not sale our components separately.

This is primarily because all our components being engineered from the ground up specifically for one-another. Our sub enclosure for instances is engineered specifically with our 8" Quad-Coil Subwoofer both in terms of the sub opening and air volume - Likewise we want to ensure that the O+ brand is always associated with producing our signature high resolution sound reproduction (therefore we only offer close-loop solutions).

We do however offer our System Series solutions, which may be exactly what you're looking for. Featuring our complete Subwoofer System, 32-Bit Digital Signal Processor (pre-calibrated to deliver our Signature Sound with your head unit), Multi-Channel Power Amplifier and Quick-Sync Wiring Harness (completely plug-and-play).

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
im getting ready to pull the trigger on this. I plan on owning my 2014 till I die :liar: , seriously I really hate The JBL. Im just torn between getting the top system and replace all the speakers all together.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts