Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered the System 450q for the Tundra Cremax Platinum with JBL premium from OEM Audio +. Pre made wiring harness, 4 tweeters, 2 passive bass blockers for front door speakers set up to plug in directly into the factory wiring harness at the speakers, sub with Rockford Fosgate amp, remote bass control, and the necessary brackets, zip ties, wire guard, battery fuse connection etc. I am happy with how the system sounds. I guess if I were to sum it up I would say that it now sounds like the system I hoped that Toyota's top trim level truck would have had in it. Listening via the USB input, Sat input, and local radio presents much clearer music with nice imaging at the loudest volume settings. No more booming muddy washed out bass coming from the front door speakers. The new sub performs nice with all music I listened to. Heavy bass music had the sub struggling a bit at higher volumes but that's not what I listen to so not an issue for me. Bluetooth connected phone initially didn't sound as nice until I realized that I had the eq on my phone set away from flat. Once I set it to flat on my phone the sound was much better, particularly the bass. The install was pretty straight forwards. Daniel was cool and texted back and forth with me after biz hours to answer questions that I had. The instructions that came with the system could have been a bit more clear with better pictures and a video specific to this system install video would be nice as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the system I ordered came with a Rockford amp mounted to the bass enclosure and a remote amp control that connected directly to the amp. The line for the bass control was pre wired into the harness supplied by OEM Audio +.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right on. It wasn't what I anticipated after looking at their website and ordering. Apparently the system they sent me is an updated iteration/second gen for the JBL premium. It also came with passive bass blockers that were plug and play and 4 tweeters. I don't think the extra pair of tweeters or the passive bass blockers were pictured on their website when I ordered. I was pleasantly surprised though. I'd call them. They are pretty responsive. I had a good amount of questions before ordering and before I did my install and they either picked up the phone or got back to me right away.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
interesting in that they have not updated their website nor come on here with this latest info.
the original systems showed a tiny crappy little amp (ford item iirc?) that was attached to the sub box
system sounds much better now?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I saw the same amp when I was doing my research, read peoples opinions about the amp that didn't have actual experience with the system in their truck, and read opinions of people that did have experience with the system in their truck. I was on the fence. I'm in my truck a lot for work. I enjoy listening to music. My wifes car is an LX570 with the Levinson system in it. Sound really nice at the volume levels I enjoy listing too. My sports car has an aftermarket system that was north of $6k with install. I never listen to that system near its full potential, its embarrassingly loud. I was aiming for something more towards the LX570 system but with a bit more bass. The Levinson system sounds really nice, can be turned up beyond the loudness that I would normally listen too but I feel lacks bass, especially compared to my sports car. I'm definitely not an audiophile and I probably listen to music incorrectly ie treble/mid/base adjustments. I am happy with the system. The Rockford amp is nothing special in terms of its size and I'd assume power output but it is adequate for the type of music I listen to and makes plenty of bass for me. I was surprised but very happy when the rockford amp showed up vs the amp that I saw in the pictures on the website. The bass blockers and tweeters make a significant difference in my opinion. I really wanted something that enhanced the sound, played a bit louder and more clear, and didn't cost a pile of dough because I will just leave it in there for the next person when I trade my rig in down the road. I think the package was $1258 shipped. I don't feel bad at all spending that amount of dough for how my stereo now sounds. I'm definitely not a stereo installer so taking panels off the doors and etc isn't something I have much experience with. I did the install myself with a buddy lending me a hand and it wasn't rocket science at all. The wiring harness makes it pretty easy. Poking through the grommet in the fire wall was the most difficult part of the deal for me. I don't want to seem like I'm advocating. Not my place. Just laying out my opinion. I've read that folks put together better quality components for the same price. I won't deny that possibility. I was just looking for no hassle plug and play so rolled the dice. I'm happy with how they landed in this case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.