Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about buying another SRT-6 or Mercedes, but decided to hold off since we are planning to build another house in 6-10 months. I am hoping the TRD supercharger will keep me happy for a while. :D
Anyway there is a company called OE Tuning that has put down some impressive dyno numbers and 1/4 mile times with their tunes on the Mercedes platforms. I sent them a message yesterday inquiring about them trying to crack the Tundra ECU. Here is the transcript from my email and there response.

"Hello,

There has been a great demand for tuning capability for these trucks, especially those with the TRD superchargers. It seems no one has been able to crack the ECU. I am a former SRT6 owner and frequent the Mercedes forum. I have seen some impressive numbers from your tunes on those cars. There are a couple trucks running high 11's with the factory supercharger and bolt-ons. Tuning capability and dialing back some torque management would most certainly enhance their performance.

I was wondering if your shop would be interested or capable of cracking the Toyota ECU. If yes, please let me know and I will send you a spare ECU or work with you to get whatever is needed. Besides the performance aspect there are a lot of guys running big tires that would love to program tire size and shift points.

Thank You for your time and consideration.
Brad"

"Brad,

We would definitely be interested in trying to help out the Toyota Tundra community. Although we've never tried cracking open the ECU's we have seen a few with piggy back's dyno'd and believe there is some real power to be made with these things.

If you would like to send us your spare working ECU we would be more than happy to work on it and see if we can get a read. We would require at least a months time and we are flooded with work right now but we will do our best to help you guys out.

Here's our address if you're still interested.

Ben Jones
15821 Graham Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92649

Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.

OE Tuning"

Obviously they can't make any guarantees but they are willing to give it a shot. Does anyone have a spare working ECU to send them? I thought I would ask before I try and track one down myself.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a vid of them dyno tuning a C63AMG(the Mercedes I would love to own right now).
I believe they hold the record for the fastest tune only C63 AMG. The good thing is their prices are reasonable as opposed to some companies that charge $3000 just for a tune.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Brad that would be awesome. But don't get your hopes too high. I have an old race buddy that is the main programmer for Renntech. The guy is a straight up genius. I asked him about the Toyota ECU and he said some Lexus guys spent some big bucks trying to crack it with no luck. He said the Toyota ECU is un******ble.

Not trying to be all negative about it but whoever designed the Toyota ECU is a super genius.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brad that would be awesome. But don't get your hopes too high. I have an old race buddy that is the main programmer for Renntech. The guy is a straight up genius. I asked him about the Toyota ECU and he said some Lexus guys spent some big bucks trying to crack it with no luck. He said the Toyota ECU is un******ble.

Not trying to be all negative about it but whoever designed the Toyota ECU is a super genius.
Oh I know there is a slim chance they can do it, but at least they seem enthusiastic about our trucks and wiling to give it a try. I seem to recall someone saying they had a spare ECU before? If they are willing to send it and be without it for at least a couple months that would be great. If not I will try and track one down.

BTW I hope you don't mind me showcasing your truck to them. ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
If I had one I would give it up. This is something that I hope works and gets results unlike all the others that have tried and failed. Can't wait for the update.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Found one on Ebay for $80. If no one speaks up in the next 42 hours I will pick it up and send it out to OE Tuning.
Why? Have them buy it for $80 bucks. Once they crack it, heh, they'll recoup their $80 times millions.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
April fools? I hope not :rolleyes:

I've got a spare 07 ecu back in Dubai, but my cousin is being an ass and is too lazy to ship it :p

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
April fools? I hope not :rolleyes:

I've got a spare 07 ecu back in Dubai, but my cousin is being an ass and is too lazy to ship it :p

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sorry, I don't get into the whole April fools crap. I guess I'm just too serious. :rolleyes:
100% legit, but like Supercharged said, don't get your hopes up. It was just a shot in the dark and they kindly replied. Since I offered up an ECU to them I feel it is my responsibility to provide one, as stated in the email they are a bit tied up at the moment.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I will happily throw 40 bucks at your ECU to help out. PM me for details.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I'm going to try and crack it too. Send me some money.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
646 Posts
1 - 20 of 131 Posts