Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day i left the truck running while i went in the house for a few mins it was already warmed up i notice a odd rattling sound not sure where its coming from somewhere near the front of the motor it does not change or get louder with engine rpm's truck has 60k on it i know its hard to say what it is without hearing it in person

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
its not a very loud rattle but its not the normal ticking and stuff the motor usually makes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interestingly enough my 2007 has been experiencing similar the same sort if sounding symptoms. Been to my local toyota service center. They could not supposedly reproduce the symptoms , so i took it to a not so local toyota service center. They found the symtoms almost immediately. Coincidentally, also the same day a Sequoia was brought in (2010), with the same issues. The manager said since the Sequoia was brought in first, they would tear it down and see what issues are found. They would then call me to advise. That was last week and haven't heard from them yet. I am not that mechanically inclined, but it sounds like the noise is originating from one of the valve covers (driver side) in my case. Lifters maybe? Stay tuned.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts