Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
My first dipping project come out.......different! :rolleyes:
I had a red cover and now is white but did not come out just like I would wanted to come out. I cleaned and used alcohol and I sprayed at about 6" distance in worm whether, used 10 cans. Soooo.... what did I do wrong???

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Looks like you went all which ways with the can and didn't apply it in smooth single strokes.

EDIT: for something that large, I would spray the dip with a gun instead of using rattle cans.

· Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Didn't you say in another post u got the cover used at a good bargain? If so, it'd probably make more sense to get that color matched by an autobody shop. It shouldn't cost a whole lot to get painted if u shop around and it'll look better IMO...danoh is probably right, that's an awful large surface to PD with the narrow spray pattern of a spray can.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah...I tried to spray in a smooth straight line, first one way and then the other but it looked like a checker board, so I mixed up a little bit.
Yup a spray gun would have been much better and easier. But I don`t have one.
Oh well.... at list this job did not cost me a fortune and should be possible to remove the all thing without problem.
I have shopped around here and the cheapest quote from a body shop was about $300. I decided to go the DIY for the money saving and.... the fun.
Sometimes works out good, some times not so good...

· Registered
322 Posts
Yeah...I tried to spray in a smooth straight line, first one way and then the other but it looked like a checker board, so I mixed up a little bit.
Yup a spray gun would have been much better and easier. But I don`t have one.
Oh well.... at list this job did not cost me a fortune and should be possible to remove the all thing without problem.
I have shopped around here and the cheapest quote from a body shop was about $300. I decided to go the DIY for the money saving and.... the fun.
Sometimes works out good, some times not so good...
Take that $300 and buy yourself a compressor, spray gun, and paint. After painting the cover you'll still have the compressor and gun for more projects.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.