Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will post baseline run asap, dyno sheet is at my office. Here's stock manifolds, off road pipes, 6" BAmuffler system. It's about 7HP over stock.

Obx headers and BAmufflers=40+hp on a 5.7 tundra by bamufflers, on Flickr

And here's with the rest of the truck stock, except for the OBX long tubes, off road pipes, true duals with X pipe, and TRD tailpipes

I'll edit this post with the video of each pull asap. I have a new google chromebook and don't know if I can put the video on my computer from my camcorder???

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Impressive gains indeed. What is the difference between OBX and Thorley's? I always thought OBX was kinda low on quality?
very good question!! and I've always been under the same impression. with the low price of oBx you would think that it was lacking quality but I'll tell ya what, these headers lack nothing. Every tig weld is near perfect. The bends are near perfect. The internal welds inside the flange are cleaned up with a barrel sander. The collectors are cleaned up. They're 304SS. And, they're supposedly an exact copy of the Thorley's LOL. I'll know whether or not they're an exact copy real soon as I'm shipping a set of my mid pipes to a guy in Cleveland whom has Thorleys, I'll build the mid pipes on my truck with the OBx's and he'll either bolt them on, or he'll need to modify em LOL. but we're both going into the deal figuring there is only a 99.99% chance of em bolting straight on.

I've had 10 sets of OBX's in my hand. I personally unpack every box and inspect em before I accept them from UPS, when I buy these from OBX I buy em COD only. I've never had to turn away a set.

Right now OBX is back ordered a month or two and Thorley is back ordered a month. But I carry both brands:lol5:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Great numbers! I would love to get some headers but I have a banks monster single setup. How much of a difference is there between what I have and the bam system.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the biggest difference is the ability to custom 'tune' you BAmuffler system. I don't just build 1 size fits all, I build a system specific to the driver of the truck. I can build crazy true duals that you can hear from miles away or I can build a bolt on cat back that is mild. Or, I can build you a true duals system that you can drive daily and it's actually quieter than the average bolt on cat back system but puts 40hp to the rear tires. Fully custom based on sound, performance, and budget. And best of all, little to no drone:)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Nice !!! Wish I have bought a dual set up where I can consider this setup.. How much the headers going for ? And are they carb legal for Cali ?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
You can do the OBXes with the off road mid pipes nd have Keith redo your cat on a new pipe for smokes purpose. That's what I do anyway.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I've lived in two states, Oregon and Florida. Both cities/counties where I lived don't require an inspection. I even renew my plates online lol.

Great gains btw. Now I see where my 522 ponies came from :lol5:

504 with the blower + 25/30 pulley + 40 exhaust setup + ?? E-fan + ?? CAI = 569-589 HP = 522 WHP

Makes sense doesn't it?! :confused: :D

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Wow!! Keith if I don't turbo my ffv I think this is what I'm gonna do.. 40whp is great!! Does that have an intake on it or is it stock box?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts