Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra access cab SR5 with the TRD package. On Sunday the check engine light came on because bank 1 sensor 2, went bad. I looked around and found that it was the drivers side sensor behind the cat. I went to replace it last night but the nuts are completely rusted away. I disconnected the negative terminal on the battery before I climbed under the truck so it reset the check engine light.

I drove around the block last night and it seemed fine so I parked it for the night. This morning it was fine until the motor warmed up, now it stalls at idle. I'm assuming its because the bad sensor is still on there and the check engine light is no longer on.

Is this a reasonable assumption? Will unplugging the sensor force the CEL to come back on so I can make it to a garage?

Thanks,
Alec

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
What code did you get?

As for getting those rusted nuts off, the only way I know is to heat them red hot and use channel lock type pliers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a P0136 code.

The one is completely off and the other one there is pretty much nothing left. I was going to try getting a new nut for it and see if I can just screw it on and break the rest of it off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.