Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was totally happy with the Texas Edition wheels on my 2012 CrewMax but for some reason I was bit by the bug to throw on some new rims. I've never run aftermarket wheels on any of my vehicles. I always thought they looked nice, but I had no idea what a sweet upgrade it could be. Well now I understand!

These are pretty common wheels, XD Hoss in 20x9 +30. I'm running 275-65-20's which look nice. The tread is perfectly flush with the fender (no flares) so you just get a little tire peeking out for a nice but subtle change in stance. The new offset did make them look a little skinny, but they only have 5,600mi on them so I'll be running them for a while.

This is a crappy cell pic but I was just too excited not to post. Next step will be some powdercoating...

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
Looks good.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
53 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
733 Posts
Looks great man!!!!! I totally understand your excitement!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I understand your excitement too! While this is not my first time putting wheels on a vehicle, I had my Tundra 2 years before doing it and can't believe I waited that long, totally worth it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
wheels & Tires = best bang for the $$$
looks great!

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Sweet. Wheels/tires, imo, change the look of the truck most.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Can you post a head on or rear end view of the truck? Would like to see the stance with that +30

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can you post a head on or rear end view of the truck? Would like to see the stance with that +30
Sure, I'll try to snap some this afternoon. I'm sure you know this but the stance can change significantly based on the tire size selected. I've seen guys running 305's on these 20x9 +30 wheels and they can have tires sitting flush with OEM flares. With my relatively thin 275's these sit just where I like them with no flares.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Yea, I'm basically going to be doing the same with my current tires (have the same ones). Sold the wheels and replacing with the ones I want, then going to be adding new tires down the road once the RT's wear out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Are you running any kind of leveling kit. I want bigger tires but dont want to deal with too much of a loss in MPGs. Those 275/65 look perfect.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I've got the Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks up front on the top setting. It's roughly 2.5" of lift. I really like the 275-65-20's but they're big tires, no doubt about it. They're 34in tall so you're only talking a half in of side wall different from 35's. They are a little thinner and lighter in weight than some of the 295's or 305's so maybe that equals a little better fuel economy. I get pretty crappy mileage largely because I do a lot of city commuting. About 13-ish in town and maybe 17-ish on the freeway. You can run a 33in tire with no lift. There's no way to run these 34's without some lift.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts