Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I want/need some new pillows.
Anybody happy with some new fangled pillows? Mypillow advertises a lot but it is tough to believe a pillow is the best no matter how you use it. Is it just as good if you are a side sleeper or you put a couple under her belly?
Any other brands?

·
I'll make you cool!
584 Posts
I recently got a couple Mypillows. I'm not real impressed, almost too soft. If i dont get use to them soon I'm giving them to my kids and finding something different.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Personally, I think everyone's different and you just need to try them out at different stores rather than shopping online where it's hit or miss. I typically shop for the best latex pillow that supports my head well enough. Last place was a mom and pop mattress shop that went out of business. I'll be shopping for a new one soon.

If you die before you wake, don't blame my recommendation for goodness sake.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have never had any luck with the mammary foam pillows. I just get the polyester $15-$20 ones from Big Bath Beyond and replace them about every couple years

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
We bought some bamboo pillows from Sams club a few years ago. They are the best we have found so far. My wife flattens a pillow in a month or so (then denies swapping and kills mine too). These have lasted a few years so far and still going strong. They are heavy as hell but very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
They have pillows just like the "mypillow" at JC Penny for half the price. I don't like the chunked up foam myself.

Pillows have to be the right thickness for me. Haven't tried a lot of newer styles.

I have heard awesome things about bamboo sheets and pillows tho.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Feather/down pillows all the way. Plus you get the satisfaction of knowing that some evil birds were killed for your comfort.
Thanks for the laugh! haha. I've probably contributed a few over the years as I used to blast duck, geese and mostly pheasant. But I think in this context don't they use chicken feathers in pillows?

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
Over forty years ago I commandeered a pillow issued to me by the military. It was completely stuffed with feathers and I loved it ~ best pillow I ever had.
Then the Boss threw it out ~ "it's way past its prime" she said.
I've tried all sorts of pillows since then to no avail. If you find something you like, hang on to it. A suitable replacement is very difficult to find. :eek:

·
Bah! Humbug!
181 Posts
google "isotonic indulgence" try the side sleeper. I prefer having the king as a 'base' pillow and the standard queen size on top of that as a my curl up and get comfy pillow

its a great pillow, have 8 in the house for wife, kids and me

no need to thank me, because if you order them that's what you will feel compelled to do after a few nights sleep, I would prefer you just send me beer to express your gratitude, but we can go over the details another day since you will be busy catching up on sleep once your order comes in

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
google "isotonic indulgence" try the side sleeper. I prefer having the king as a 'base' pillow and the standard queen size on top of that as a my curl up and get comfy pillow

its a great pillow, have 8 in the house for wife, kids and me

no need to thank me, because if you order them that's what you will feel compelled to do after a few nights sleep, I would prefer you just send me beer to express your gratitude, but we can go over the details another day since you will be busy catching up on sleep once your order comes in
Can you throw the damn thing in the washer and wash it?

·
Registered
13,649 Posts
The GF and her fam all bought some fandangled $130 pillows. I have felt hers, and it does feel better than mine, but I kill pillows. Sheets too. Not sure why. I guess because I toss and turn and put miles on them. Sometimes I get night sweats etc...

I just buy two packs of pillows and when I kill one it becomes hers at my house and I toss one of the older ones.

The Serta pillows from Sam's Club lasted for about a year before they were flattened.

Last time I bought a two pack from Aldi of all places for about $15. So far one lasted almost a year and a half, about to bust open the second.

·
Bah! Humbug!
181 Posts
Can you throw the damn thing in the washer and wash it?
yes they are washable, thought I mentioned that sorry...I wash them every few weeks or so....

·
Bah! Humbug!
181 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts