Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I own a 2019 Tundra 1794, got less than 12K on it so it's still pretty new. My current status is Love/Hate. You see I stepped down, or should I say used to own a 2013 F250 4x4 Lariat. Went Toyota way to see if what I heard about dependability was there and was seriously tired of the maint. cost of owning a diesel.

I like the truck, looks good (a little to much chrome) for my taste. But after all cosmetics can be a work in progress.
Ride is nice, good power. Still getting used to it.

I guess my biggest complaint is how Toyota can be so RAVE about a stereo system that quite frankly totally SUCKS. After reading some of the other reviews I'm glad I'm not alone in my quest for good sounding tunes.

Look forward to reading some interesting articles and post, hope to learn a few things.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome from ND. I also just recently acquired a Toyota JBL sounds system. Got a Kicker sub and used an old amp and now sounds pretty decent! Don't get me wrong, not completion by any means, but good enough to get me by until I get the itch to add on aftermarket about and door speakers.

2014 Limited
20x9 Fuel Krank wheels
33 x 12.5 Toyo Open Country RT
ToyTec/Eibach 3" Lift
Total Chaos Fabrication upper control arms
JBL Entune with add on Kicker 1000W 12" 2-Ohm Slim Shallow Subwoofer

Sent from my S10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,544 Posts
Yea, when I got my 17 Plat, with the JBL, the salesperson was saying it has a killer sound system...

Well, apparently salespeople don't know what a good stereo system sounds like. Or they are just trained to say it's great when the Rock Warrior with the sr5 base system at least got louder. Not as clear, but louder for sure.

To make the JBL worse, it's a mother to swap everything out. You can't just swap speakers and amp, you pretty much have to gut it all, or get a processor and even with the processor it's still 50/50.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yea, when I got my 17 Plat, with the JBL, the salesperson was saying it has a killer sound system...

Well, apparently salespeople don't know what a good stereo system sounds like. Or they are just trained to say it's great when the Rock Warrior with the sr5 base system at least got louder. Not as clear, but louder for sure.

To make the JBL worse, it's a mother to swap everything out. You can't just swap speakers and amp, you pretty much have to gut it all, or get a processor and even with the processor it's still 50/50.
Very true. Get a nice I Data capable unit, dash kit, Maestro interface, 5 Channel amp, 2 sets Focal 6.5 components, and a sub box/ Subwoofer combination that will fit behind the seats. Lol. The only thing I am missing to do it is the Maestro and door speakers. Also tempted to get the Alpine 9 inch floating display... I love that but not sure how it would handle -40 ND winters.

2014 Limited
20x9 Fuel Krank wheels
33 x 12.5 Toyo Open Country RT
ToyTec/Eibach 3" Lift
Total Chaos Fabrication upper control arms
JBL Entune with add on Kicker 1000W 12" 2-Ohm Slim Shallow Subwoofer

Sent from my S10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't want to take away from the criticism on a 1794, but with the TDR PRO I love my double exhaust rumble. Don't understand people who complain on this model's sound.
They do sound nice. That will be one of my future upgrades to my 1794. Thanks for the comment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts