Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not officially an owner yet, but my Tundra is being built and outfitted for me. I should take delivery late next week or the week after according to the dealer.

What did I get you ask...it's a Silver Sky SR5 crew cab 4x4 with a TSS package. Black wheels and step bars. It will come with graphite cloth interior but I am having that replaced with black leather as soon as possible.

I have always wanted one of these trucks since they came out and now I am finally going to own one! Right now I own a Ram crew cab 4x4 with 7" of lift and 35" Toyo Open Country MT's. I think I'll leave the Tundra pretty much stock for now and just do a leveling kit on the front. That said, what leveling kit do most of you run on yours? I see there is a 3" and 2".

Glad to be a part of the club!

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Congrats! :woot:

If you are going to keep stock wheels/tires, I'd stick with a 2" level kit. It will improve the stance, and not require bigger tires to make it look good.

If you wanna go with bigger tires, maybe do a 3/1 level (3" front, 1" rear). You can fit 33-35" tires under there. But, if you do a 3/1 and keep stock wheels/tires, it might not look so good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well...it's official now! Took delivery of her last night and sent her down the road for the first mod...black leather interior! I plan on PD the emblems and maybe the BHLM this weekend.

Here it a pic of my new Tundra! And a couple of her still on the delivery truck.

I'll try to post some pics of the interior this afternoon or first of next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Reactions: Guesstimator

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Yeah, bumpers are dipped but I plan to color match the front bumper and re-dip the rear bumper since I did not do a great job on it. I color matched the grill surround and the grill is the Grillcraft MX series.

I plan on it for the most part. Not sure on what I want to do with the bumper yet. Is yours PD? And what grille is that? I absoutely love it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, bumpers are dipped but I plan to color match the front bumper and re-dip the rear bumper since I did not do a great job on it. I color matched the grill surround and the grill is the Grillcraft MX series.
Did you paint over the chrome surround or was it black? I have a painter friend but he said he wasn't sure about painting over chrome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts