Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But it really is, I'd like to get some +3 CB's. I want the truck to stay level so what could I do on the front? I'm running pro comp stage 1, so is there anything I can do? Keep in mind I'm your average broke 25 year old and I'm trying not to break the piggy bank, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
If you are running the Pro Comp stage 1 I can't imagine your nose is in the air by too much in comparison to the back. You may only need CB's smaller shackles. Have any pics of your stance?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My truck is pretty much completely level I wanted to upgrade to CB which will give me a few inches I think, the problem is I want to keep the front level after I installed the new shackles.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a pic.

Reactions: Ol'Dub

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No one with any input?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Basically you are wanting to add about 1 1/2" to the front to match the shackles you're wanting to put on the rear. Correct?

If so it's a touchy subject. Most will not recommend mixing and matching to achieve different lift heights. To add about 2" you should be able to remove the PC 1 top spacer and add a BDS lower extension and a 3" leveling spacer on the top. That should total to about 8".

I've not tried it but it sounds good to me. Lol. By adding more lift to the front you are making CV angles worse and could possibly get the UCA in too much of a bind and cause alignment issues. Of course if that happens you can add an aftermarket UCA to make it work.

Option 2- upgrade to coil overs and crank them all the way. Supposed to be a pretty stiff ride cranked all the way though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot bair, incredibly helpful you confirmed my suspicions. I'm gonna stay away from stacking lifts. Looks like its coil overs.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I had a pc stage 1, then upgraded to fox 2.5 kore coilovers and camburg uca's and got to about 8.5" by leaving the spacer in on top of my fox co's. So I know for a fact it can be done. Unfortunately one day I got a wild hair up my A$$ and thought I wanted a lowered truck. Sold my lift and all suspension parts :banghead::banghead: 2 weeks later I put a 3" level spacer on my truck.

Btw this is not a cheap route to go... probably cheaper to do a 3" body lift

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you run into any problems with that setup cv angles, break lines stretched?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I'm only 2wd so didn't have to worry about angles. Never had any issues with that setup.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts