Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just trying to get handle how many members are in my area. I currently live in Ashburn, VA. I would assume I see one of you driving up and rt. 28 in wrapped lifted Tundra in the morning. I just recently switched from a F150 to a Tundra. Curious what are the go to mods on these bad boys. My we could put together a meet at some point. Excited to have a V8 so many exhausts that sound good!!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
congrats on your transition. I'm in the area No.Va. I know a few are around your way. Just have to call them out. Mods to do: 6" lift and/or TRD supercharger...and other nonsense cool stuff that I don't plan on doing.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
The people I know seem to talk up trick trucks. http://www.tricktrucks.com.

I am close to lifting and new tires. I too am interested to know who is out there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The people I know seem to talk up trick trucks. Trick Trucks - Truck Accessories, Equipment, Parts, Caps - MD, VA, DE & WV.

I am close to lifting and new tires. I too am interested to know who is out there.
I've used trick trucks many a times for some mods on my old truck. the people there are knowledgeable. however, the prices are not the best.

Yeah I feel like there are a lot more Tundra owners in this area than I thought. Than again I am coming from the F150 world. Lets face it F150s are EVERYWHERE!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was just gonna make a post to see if there any other N.VA members on here. I just purchased a 2010 RW, but I think the truck will mostly stay stock minus repainting the front bumper and paint matching the rear. Truck is my DD and will be also used to tow the "racecar" to Summit Point, VIR, and other east coast tracks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Checking in from Fairfax. I have no plan for lift at this time as I've only made a few monthly payments.

I was going to suggest cars and coffee on a weekend at Kohl's at Fair Lakes but have found out that closed it down due to recklessness.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Stafford VA here...home every now and then as I am a contractor over in Afghanistan. Next time home will be around mid January.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems like this thread fizzled a while back. Anyways, how many of you would be looking to do a meet and greet???? Maybe a brewery? I would be interested in checking everybody's Tundras.

Reactions: gnyhuf

·
Registered
352 Posts
Will be home in a couple weeks...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds good keep the thread up to date!

·
Registered
73 Posts
G'day everybody,

Picked up my Black 1794 last July. Been on the forums for a while. Kept forgetting to post.
I'm in Shirlington VA area.
only a couple of small mods so far. G2 Bed cover and mat black side steps. Looks at flares, wheels, small lift (3/1) and some LED bars over the next 12months.

Keen for a meet up anytime. Always ready for a beer and a chat!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was just gonna make a post to see if there any other N.VA members on here. I just purchased a 2010 RW, but I think the truck will mostly stay stock minus repainting the front bumper and paint matching the rear. Truck is my DD and will be also used to tow the "racecar" to Summit Point, VIR, and other east coast tracks.
Navin - What sort of toy do you have for track duties? I raced an AE86 back in Aus, and had an 07 GTI for the last couple of years. Did a few days at Summit Point. Keen to get another little toy but I'm rather limited with parking space and don't have a garage to work on it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hello from Roanoke VA.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Seems like this thread fizzled a while back. Anyways, how many of you would be looking to do a meet and greet???? Maybe a brewery? I would be interested in checking everybody's Tundras.
I'm down in Fredericksburg but I'm up in the Reston and Ashburn at least once a week. Let's set something up sometime.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
If anyone is interested, Striper trophy season is getting close April 16th to May 16th on the Potomac River between 301 bridge and Chesapeake. Will be Fishing @ Westmoreland State park where I usually go and fish for Stripers. I will be fishing on my Kayak.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Southern Virginia here (Yorktown/ Newport News). 2013 rock warrior. Sc1978 what kiND of yak do you have? I'm a member on TKAA. Plenty of saltwater flats fishing around here. Hoping to tear up the fish in the mid 20"s in may

·
Registered
74 Posts
Keeping the thread alive!

To respond to the first question....compare Trick Trucks to American Spray Liners in Warrenton. American Spray Liners does lots of custom work...ask for Andrew. There prices are better than Trick Trucks, but it's about the location for some of these business as they have to pay the overhead. Also try Bad Boy Toyz in Woodbridge. I've never been there, but have seen some stickers in the Woodbridge/Dumfries areas with their business.

For simple mods I suggest we set up wrenching parties at someone's house to get them done. For big work like lifts (other than level or strut lifts) and gear swaps, where you want to warranty the work, get quotes from the local shops.

As for a M&G....lets get one together! I can do anywhere from Garrisonville to Chantilly on week nights, and farther on a Saturday. Looking forward to meeting fellow Tundra owners in the NOVA area.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts