Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys. new guy here. I have 2000 tundra 4.7 we had heavy rain last night. went to leave for work this morning truck won't start it just cranks and cranks any ideas what could be the culprit. runs great any other time. I'm thinking something electrical but not sure. maybe somebody else out there has had this problem. thanks JD.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Has it ever had a windshield replaced? Could be leaking and getting into a junction block or connector down in the left or right kick panels.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I wouldnt assume the rain as causal. Anyways, sounds like a fuel or spark issue. Pull off a spark plug boot and see if it throws a spark to the engine block via a screwdriver. If no spark, its an ignition problem. If you have spark, then its likely a fuel issue (further troubleshooting).

·
Registered
32 Posts
The same thing just happened on my Grand Cherokee. When it rained it wouldn't start. Dry out, and it would fire up without a problem. Ended up being a wire on on top of the fuel pump was chewed on by mice exposing the copper. Whenever it rained the moisture caused enough of a problem that current would not get to the fuel pump, so no fuel to the motor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys. new guy here. I have 2000 tundra 4.7 we had heavy rain last night. went to leave for work this morning truck won't start it just cranks and cranks any ideas what could be the culprit. runs great any other time. I'm thinking something electrical but not sure. maybe somebody else out there has had this problem. thanks JD.

This same thing happened to me in Myrtle Beach after driving 3 hours. Truck was hot. Ended up towing it to Toyota dealer and they are charging me $1778.53 for a immobilizer modulator that is going bad. They said the truck thinks its being stolen and is shutting down the motor!!! Just read your thread here. I really hope it's not that. I'd like to sue them if they are wrong... They didn't even have the part available.
Update
I spoke to the service manager today to find out what the status was and they now say that code can come up when the trucks battery drops to under 10 volts. They have not been able to recreate the problem and would like to return the truck..... All I have to pay is their $124 service charge. Any ideas??
Here’s the cause of the problem: https://tundraheadquarters.com/tundra-sequoia-air-injection-induction-pump/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts