Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello out there. The PO of my 2004 DC removed the front splashguard and did not replace it. I don't do any serious off roading with this vehicle, but I very often go off road. I know that plate helps to keep the engine compartment cleaner as well as offering protection to the engine and its parts. I'm thinking aerodynamics and perhaps cooling are also somewhat affected by that part being in there. What are your opinions on the importance of that part. I have only found a third party replacement, that looks super nice, but more than I would like to spend. Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,694 Posts
Mine rusted around the bolt holes and was ready to fall off. I found a guy who was parting out a tundra and bought it fairly cheap.

I wouldn't go off-road without one. That said, the factory shield isn't very strong. If you expect to hit big rocks, then you should get an aftermarket unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.