Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Have yo metered the plug on the truck?

Or just make the dealer fix it, seeing how its a 2017.

Reactions: PNWDoug

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
There is a fuse marked "TRL TL" or something like that in the fusebox under the hood. It stands for "Trailer Tail Lights", meaning marker lights. It gets power with your parking lights and headlights. There is also one for the trailer brake lights, marked something like "TRL BRK". I've had it pop a few times before when inserting a 7-blade plug. If the terminals are corroded or the plug is too tight of a fit, you have to wiggle it back and forth, and I think that causes it to temporarily arc and short.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Make sure key is on/with lights being on?

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the 2017 Tundra and later, The fuse is marked TOW TAIL. It powers just the Trailer Running Lights.

There is a fuse marked "TRL TL" or something like that in the fusebox under the hood. It stands for "Trailer Tail Lights", meaning marker lights. It gets power with your parking lights and headlights. There is also one for the trailer brake lights, marked something like "TRL BRK". I've had it pop a few times before when inserting a 7-blade plug. If the terminals are corroded or the plug is too tight of a fit, you have to wiggle it back and forth, and I think that causes it to temporarily arc and short.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.