Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be old news to many, but I didn't know it until today. I have also been drinking beer all day and DGAF, so Imma gonna post this thread anyways.

A couple of years ago when my Entune Nav started freezing up, I had to find the TSB and schedule an appointment to take my truck to the dealer for a software update to fix it. Well today I went to install a updated map SD card and decided to check the manual to see if I put the card in when the truck is on, off, acc. etc. Being lazy and not wanting to actually get up and go get my manual, I went to Toyota/owners . com to look. In the process, I discovered that they now offer the Entune update downloads from the site, just need a USB stick. I updated my truck and also the wife's 2013 Venza with the 1st generation Entune, which was way out of date.

This is the software updates only, no map updates, which you still need to purchase a new SD card to get. But if you haven't had the dealer update your H.U. in a while, this will save you the trip and may fix any problems like freezing you might be having. By the way, the FleaBay SD card worked fine and updated my maps by 3 years for $50 vs around $190 at the dealer. :)

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
I just saw drinking beer all day, SO I thank this. I am not sure what you said. I was playing with rc cars at a buds, and drinking. And drinking. And then water.

Stupid drive home (hence having to stop drinking, and switch to water). I need to buy a house by him. But he has that wife is a nurse money.... So I am fawked.

:lol5:

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
I just saw drinking beer all day, SO I thank this. I am not sure what you said. I was playing with rc cars at a buds, and drinking. And drinking. And then water.

Stupid drives home. I need to buy a house by him. But he has that wife is a nurse money.... So I am fawked.

:lol5:
Should have waited till morning to post.
I have no idea WTF you are talking about.
And I speak Michigan, I don't speak drunk anymore though.

Reactions: Azblue

·
Administrator
5,324 Posts
I believe he said he acquaintance's wife is a nurse. Therefore, sh makes a good living.

I think.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
I believe he said he acquaintance's wife is a nurse. Therefore, sh makes a good living.

I think.
Right...and he can't afford to get a house near them.

Unclear if he drinks beer with his eyes though.

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mine still says go to dealer.

Where does it say that, the web site? The site says that for new maps, but for software updates go to Resources>Entune>Update Now>(select vehicle and HU from drop downs)>click "Get Updates"

·
Registered
14,224 Posts

I think.
Right...and he can't afford to get a house near them.

Unclear if he drinks beer with his eyes though.

I actually wasn't drunk then, was just at that point when you drink, then stop, and drink water for a few hours and just feel bloated, and sober.

Yes, his wife is in the medical field. She makes good money.

I could actually afford a house out there, however it would make no sense to be house poor, and have a huge house just for myself at this time. Maybe in a few years.

As to the entune update, I dunno. The HU locks up sometimes, but only when using the Ipod. All I got on that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cool! I was having the random reboot problem with the stereo in my 2014 Tundra. I went online and downloaded an update and installed it last night. So far, so good. We will see if the reboot happens anymore.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I just did the update; all appears good. From D4 to D7 on my truck

The horn, the gas pedal, and the brakes all still work.

This is a major improvement when compared to going to the dealer. No More Crashed Truck!

Reactions: Azblue

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Yep, D4 to D7. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I just did the update for my 2016 Tundra Platinum Entune Prem JBL Audio w/ Integ Nav & App to Version 01018C. Works fine. Process was simple. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where is the file

Cool! I was having the random reboot problem with the stereo in my 2014 Tundra. I went online and downloaded an update and installed it last night. So far, so good. We will see if the reboot happens anymore.
Where did you download the file?
I have been searching all over and I need it!!!!
Anyone else have it or a link to it?

I think the file is
13tdanna-da00_0154.kwi
But I can not locate it

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Where did you download the file?
I have been searching all over and I need it!!!!
Anyone else have it or a link to it?

I think the file is
13tdanna-da00_0154.kwi
But I can not locate it
It's in this very thread...

Where does it say that, the web site? The site says that for new maps, but for software updates go to Resources>Entune>Update Now>(select vehicle and HU from drop downs)>click "Get Updates"

Reactions: Wacked and Azblue

·
Registered
317 Posts
2014 without Nav, Entune Audio Plus. That's a bit more specific. You might need to have the dealer do the update.

Edit: @mamntfca from what I have found so far, there have been no updates to it. So the original version that you have is the only version. That's why there are no update files available. If your Entune Audio Plus isn't working right the dealer should be able to reflash it with the original version that it already has.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.