Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super easy mod. Bought the voltmeter for 12.99 and the dual 2.l usb charger for 12.99 on Amazon. Removed oem dual cig lighter ports. Over drilled slightly and installed the voltmeter in one and the usb in the other utilizing the existing red/wht wiring since it's already fused. Took 30-min!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
384 Posts
Gee, other than NO voltmeter, I have no clue what I even have there on that panel, lol :eek:

Reactions: Wacked

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
nice! solid, useful mods.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cool mods. Just curious on the voltmeter - Do you not have a factory volt gauge or is this to provide a more accurate reading?

·
Premium Member
6,871 Posts
nice mod. I would like to run a REAL 15amp fuse and rated wire to replace the laughable wiring they have behind there 12v outlets and the outlets themselves. I have pubic hair that's thicker. :yikes:

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,629 Posts
nice mod. I would like to run a REAL 15amp fuse and rated wire to replace the laughable wiring they have behind there 12v outlets and the outlets themselves. I have pubic hair that's thicker. :yikes:
i ran a solid wire from my distribution block to behind the center console. I have an anderson plug so i can swap out different plugs. I usually use that for my fridge or oven, but can also swap in a cigarette plug. much nicer knowing its a heavy duty cable and nothings going to burn out.

·
Premium Member
6,871 Posts
i ran a solid wire from my distribution block to behind the center console. I have an anderson plug so i can swap out different plugs. I usually use that for my fridge or oven, but can also swap in a cigarette plug. much nicer knowing its a heavy duty cable and nothings going to burn out.
nice! i just saw your rig. Nice. Thats how you use a truck baby. You have to admit the OEM wiring is a joke. I could not even run a 100wat modified sine wave inverter off it.

Reactions: Dragos28

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool mods. Just curious on the voltmeter - Do you not have a factory volt gauge or is this to provide a more accurate reading?

Just. Little more accurate. I have a aftermarket amp and sub. Plus is was only $12

·
Registered
281 Posts
Links on Amazon? Great Mod!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,871 Posts
Nice work! I connected mine to a switch so I can charge while the truck is off!

Yeah ALL trucks should have at least one outlet that's always on from the factory

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Yeah ALL trucks should have at least one outlet that's always on from the factory
My wife's MKC has the outlets hot all the time.
It also turns them off at a certain voltage to avoid draining the battery and not being able to start.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice work! I connected mine to a switch so I can charge while the truck is off!

Where did you get your lightbar switch that fits in oem blank?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 30 Posts