Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well when I bought my truck the original owner lost all the fobs/masters and only had a valet:mad:. Now I went to the "stealership" and they are claiming that I have to get a brand new computer. Is this true? Would love some advice on this.
Thanks.

btw I have a 2007 Tundra D. Cab if that helps.

· Premium Member
11,775 Posts
I am fairly certain that is indeed the case, in order to program the imobilizer for additional keys you have to have a master key in the ignition, therefore, if you have no master key then the imobilizer needs to be replaced.

· Registered
81 Posts
The dealership can re-program your existing computer for new master keys. Had to have this done last year (don't ask me why:mad:) They also cut new masters with the key code which I still had. Not sure if they can access the code with the VIN but I would think they could. I think I paid $130 for the reprogramming and three master keys.

· Registered
1,258 Posts
I think you need the key code provided with the master keys.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The dealership can re-program your existing computer for new master keys. Had to have this done last year (don't ask me why:mad:) They also cut new masters with the key code which I still had. Not sure if they can access the code with the VIN but I would think they could. I think I paid $130 for the reprogramming and three master keys.
I went to Don McGill Toyota yesterday and that's what they told me. $100 for reprogramming the system and cutting one key.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.