Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have narrowed down my list for tires and want to get the opinions of my fellow Tundra owners. I have a 2010 Tundra that is leveled out and thinking of putting 285/65/18 Nitto's or 275/70/18 General Grabber's on the truck. Would appreciate any feedback you guys/ladies have. Thanks

· Registered
133 Posts
i have Terra Grapplers on the Tundra, 18s, they are really good in the snow, and wet pavement, but we havent had a chance to go off roading with them yet. We've gone down to FoCo and LoLa a couple times, and the road noise isnt any worse then when we had the stock Michelins on. I know a couple other guys up here running the TGs on their trucks, everyone loves them. where you thinking of getting yours at? I recommend Discount Tire, I got a pretty good deal on them there, and they will do a pretty good job of price matching!

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was going to get them from Toyota, they are having a buy 3 tires get the 4th for $1. I don't know if discount will match that offer.

· Registered
133 Posts
oh i gotcha, thats not a bad deal. you might see what the total price is, and then call Discount. they might, you never know. Im surprised a dealer offers Nittos. you keeping stock wheels, or getting new ones too? or you need some? ;)

· Registered
133 Posts
Whered you get your AFE Intake from? Ive been thinking of getting one, but cant decide if I wanna get online, or from Vanworks or somewhere else down there

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will call Discount. I am keeping stock, might consider new wheels. What are you selling? I ordered it online, I can remember where. I still have the box w/receipt so I will look.

· Registered
66 Posts
Do you mean the Grabber or Grabber 2? I ask as there is a big difference. If you mean the Grabbers (red letter) I would also go with the TG's just off the reviews I have heard on the Grabbers being terrible in snow, which i imagine you get in your area. They are more of a sand tire as I understand. Now the Grabber 2 tire is supposed to be pretty good in snow, but I think the TG's are still maybe a bit better. just my 2 cents

· Registered
133 Posts
I will call Discount. I am keeping stock, might consider new wheels. What are you selling? I ordered it online, I can remember where. I still have the box w/receipt so I will look.
oh im just trying to get rid of my stock 18 aluminums. oh and i have carpeted mats still in the wrapping ;)
yeah, im undecided on going online or in store, at least at Vanworks they were gonna throw in install, but i dont think its that hard, especially on that tank of a truck!

Attachments

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have weather tech floor mats. Install was easy on the intake, easy DIY project.

· Registered
133 Posts
yeah, I think all weather mats are a requirement around this area! I had Husky drop in liners on my 05, those were great, wish I could afford them again! I just did a SRI install on my Optima, 1st time Id done anything like that, it wasnt too bad, I think the Tundra would be a little easier, at least it seems like theres a little more wiggle room! ;)
Well, if you know anyone down there needing either of those, you know where to send them ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.