Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm from the Buffalo, NY area & own a 2005 Nissan Titan SE 4x4 King Cab. I figured I'd join on here since a few of you are over on Titan Talk.

Anyways, I'm not brand loyal by any means & like most of the Tundras. My brother works for the govt. down in Texas and owns a 2012 Rock Warrior Edition. It's a pretty cool looking truck & he loves it so far. No, I haven't had time to visit him or driven it yet. But, from seeing a few around town here, they look super cool. However, I want a Ford Raptor in the WORST way (again, I'm NOT brand loyal!).

Anyways, it's nice to meet you all. I'm curious to see what the "competition" is all about. You guys have some nice looking trucks.

Craig

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome from Michigan. I had an 04 Titan when it came out. It was a great truck for the few years I owned it (I get tired of stuff pretty quick - normally in a shorter time than I've had the Tundra...I suppose that says something).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I hear ya. I was the same way w/my SnoX sleds. To be honest, I love my Nissan Titan. I NEVER thought I'd be saying that about a Japanese truck. But, for an '05, it had more features, options, and was priced better than what the Big3 had to offer. I bought it last August (2012) & absolutely love it.

These forums are both good & bad. Good, because I stay out of the stealership & don't "donate" my money to them. Bad, because the aftermarket mods drain my bank act. quicker than I care to admit!

Craig

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Welcome! ! I also had a 04 titan n I loved it at first but then things started breaking like power steering pump, radiator, both exhaust manifolds, drive shaft bearings, ac & problems with the rotors all before $75k miles. When I traded it in I had 2 & 1/2 yrs left on payments and with 95k miles the dealer only wanted to give me 11k for trade in and I owed $18k but I had to get out of it. Anyways I've had my tundra for goin on 6yrs with 195k miles it's as strong as the day I bought it & I'm never looking back.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome! ! I also had a 04 titan n I loved it at first but then things started breaking like power steering pump, radiator, both exhaust manifolds, drive shaft bearings, ac & problems with the rotors all before $75k miles. When I traded it in I had 2 & 1/2 yrs left on payments and with 95k miles the dealer only wanted to give me 11k for trade in and I owed $18k but I had to get out of it. Anyways I've had my tundra for goin on 6yrs with 195k miles it's as strong as the day I bought it & I'm never looking back.
I bought my Titan last August (2012) w/92,xxx miles on it & haven't really had any problems. Over the course of the year, I've been doing 100k maintenance to it (replacing all fluids, new tires, struts/shocks, etc.). So, so far, so good! The only issue I've neglected so far is a leaking power steering pump hose, of which the apparent fix is to buy a stronger clamp for it.

I guess Titans are like any other vehicle, sometimes you get a bad one & sometimes you get a good one?

Oh, also can't get a straight answer as to whether I have cracked exhaust manifolds. That's okay though, because I plan on getting JBA LT headers, Cajun B pipes & an UpRev tune in the not-so-distant future. That should really wake that 5.6L beast up.

I just sold my tundra and bought a titan :D. I'm signing up in the titan forum tomorrow :woot:
What year was your old Tundra & what year is the Titan you just bought? I'm dying to try out my brother's 2012 Rock Warrior Edition, but he's all the way down in Texas.

Craig

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There are some Titan owners on this forum. We went to Niagara Fall yesterday. 1st time for the children and 3rd for both my wife and me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum. There are some Titan owners on this forum. We went to Niagara Fall yesterday. 1st time for the children and 3rd for both my wife and me.
I sure hope you went to the Canadian side because the American side SUCKS. Niagara Falls, NY is pretty dingy & run-down, lots of crime just outside of the tourist area.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
You are right. The American side sucked. The best part was all blocked off for some reason. But this was just the first step for us. I was actually surprised that my wife let the children go near the fall. She is extra careful and fearful when it comes to our children. Next time, we will explore more. It's only 2 hour drive anyway.

By the way, did you dip your grille and emblem? They look good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are right. The American side sucked. The best part was all blocked off for some reason. But this was just the first step for us. I was actually surprised that my wife let the children go near the fall. She is extra careful and fearful when it comes to our children. Next time, we will explore more. It's only 2 hour drive anyway.

By the way, did you dip your grille and emblem? They look good.
If you guys have your passports, I strongly encourage you to go to the Canadian side. However, don't cross right at the Falls via the Whirlpool or Rainbow Bridge. Cross at the Peace Bridge in Buffalo & exit off of the QEW immediately following the Canadian Customs booths. Take the road all the way back towards the Niagara River & follow that scenic route along the river all the way into Niagara Falls. It's maybe an extra 15 minute drive, but you'll see anything from small cottages to $10,000,000 houses. The drive is astonishing & beautiful. When you get to the Falls, check out Lundy's Lane & Clifton Hill. BRING MONEY!!! My girlfriend & I spent $15 USD on TWO beers. TWO. It's about $3/beer anywhere else, normally.

And yes, I dipped a bunch of stuff on my truck. I recently peeled the grille back to chrome though. I can't decide whether or not I like my truck looking "stripped down/base model-ish" while trying to black everything out. My truck currently has a personality disorder, or it may just be me. :banghead:

Craig

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.