Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is where I need to make an introduction before I can go to other places and post on this site.

So here goes. I work in the oil field and had always used Nissan frontier trucks as go to for my daily work trucks to get up and down these rough oil field roads as there was no way I was going to buy a Tacoma for a third more of the price then what I could get into a Nissan truck. Well last year I sold my Nissan frontier and my bigger dodge 2500 boat hauler and was in the market to buy a Nissan titan and make due with being down to just one do it all truck. Besides my wife has had an Armada and it was still kicking strong at 230k miles. Well I came across a used Toyota tundra that was one owner and had all the service records but high mileage 210k miles but was in mint condition and was decently priced although could have gotten more Titan for the money (IE lower miles). So I ended up taking the Tundra home and I can say that a year later and now 280k miles on this truck I will never buy a Nissan again. In fact I am keeping this truck as my work truck and I cant wait to get my 2014 Tundra limited delivered here in the next few days.

Thanks Toyota for making such an awesome product. You made a for lifer out of me.;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Welcome from MI.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was a Toyota guy, turned Nissan guy, and now I am happy to be back in the Toyota fold with my 2017 Limited DC. My last Nissan was a 2011 SV CC, and while it was very fast and loud , it wasn't the best for towing. Best comparison I have is Rat Rod (Titan) turned Luxury Cruiser (Tundra). I get hardly any trailer sway on the freeway anymore, and am way more comfortable towing our 25' travel trailer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was a Toyota guy, turned Nissan guy, and now I am happy to be back in the Toyota fold with my 2017 Limited DC. My last Nissan was a 2011 SV CC, and while it was very fast and loud , it wasn't the best for towing. Best comparison I have is Rat Rod (Titan) turned Luxury Cruiser (Tundra). I get hardly any trailer sway on the freeway anymore, and am way more comfortable towing our 25' travel trailer.
My wifes Armada which is essentaly a Titan at 230K miles sounds like a bunch of bolts ratteling in a can going down the road although the motor is still very strong. Like you said rat rod.

My Toyota at 280K miles is still very tight. I think the build quality is way better in the Tundra Vs the Titan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the way my Tundra pulls. My 4.7 pulls good. Even though I haven't driven a 5.7 my dad works for a toyota dealer ship and is delivering my 2014 Limited. I cant wait to see how it handles my new 30ft trailer and pulling my tractor.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.