Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post ever and 5 day owner of a new “to me” 2019 Tundra.

I came from an 08 Honda Ridgeline and when it was time to upgrade, I had my eyes locked in on the Tundra.

Looooove this beast!

One negative that I noticed in the 400 miles that I’ve put on it, night driving sucks terribly!

I can only see a good 20 feet infront of me, or where the tip of the lights hit the pavement, and I’m blind beyond that.

Do you guys think a light bar would solve this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
My 2019 TRD has the adjustable headlights. It is a small numbered thumb wheel on the left side of the steering wheel. I have mine set at 2.

·
Registered
841 Posts
PLEASE no light bar on a 2019 tundra.
Next would be a big chrome Bull Bar and ebay painted calipers .

PLEASE do not fall into that hole.

·
Registered
13,670 Posts
Like others have stated, look at the dial for the headlights, it might be set all the way down. At stock height you would typically want it at 0, I have mine at 2 or 2.5 with the front of the truck leveled.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Or just try different headlight bulbs. A different brand or different type of light can make a world of difference. On my 2015 I went with VLEDS headlights and they were fantastic!! Did the same for my 2019 and only the low beams are great. High beams leave something to be desired... YMMV

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good job...and upgrading the bulb to a high-intensity bulb will help, too. (But you will have to learn how to remove your front grill to replace the bulbs but it's a good thing to know....pro tip is to get a very long flat-head screwdriver and flashlight and then you can peak behind the grill as you gently pull it out and then use the screwdrive to push down on the plastic tabs that hold it in...comes right out!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts