Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im loving my chrome bumpers wrapped in 3m vinyl, but i keep on thinking about how my truck will look with the nfab rsp bumper.;)

fellow tt bretheren, who have this bumper, i ask for your help in getting some measurements, and your knowledge on this bumper. as you all may know nfab site offers two rsp bumpers.

one that holds 4-9" lights

and one that holds 2 light bars

question is, for those of you that bought the one with the 4 light tabs, does it have any type of mounting holes for the light bars, and for those who bought the one for the light bars, does it come with the 4 light tabs.

basically, which ever bumper you get, do you have the option of mounting round light, or light bars, with out modification?

also, any member with the bumper, if you would be kind enough to get the measurement of the red lines from the picture below.

thank you.

· Registered
259 Posts
just received my rsp led light bar bumper today after 2 months of waiting! are you still needing answers on these questions

· Registered
259 Posts
ill get it unwrapped and measure tommoro for you sir!

· Registered
15 Posts
Bumper

I would also like to know how much farther it sticks out in front than a stock bumper. I don't have much more room in my garage length wise..THX

· Registered
664 Posts
Off topic.. kinda.

How did you wrap your bumper? was it hard?

· Registered
259 Posts
ok guys just for knowledge i order the rsp bumper for the led light bars!
it measures exactly 40" from light bar mounting hole to light bar mounting hole.

as far as how far out it sticks, i dont know exactly how far i can measure tom. but it sticks out quite a bit.

couple other noted on it!! it tool Nfab roughly 2.5 months to get it to me due to personel issues "so they claim", it took some bending to get it installed as the mounting holes were a little off, and unless someone knows of someone, no other company that i can find makes led light bars that fit it other then rigid (1300$ a piece)
if someones know of one that will fit thats reasonable price please chime in.
also the top bar that goes from wheel well to wheel well pertruded a little farther than what i would like into the wheel well as well, easy fix by just cutting of ends and reinserting plug.

I will be making adapters to accomidate two 30" bars for mine.

the finish "gloss powder coat" was great very thick and evenly finished. bumper does cut down on fuel mileage a little, fairly easy install (30min) even with having to manipulate the mounting plates

hopefully this helps

Reactions: marcosgnz

· Registered
259 Posts
here are some pictures

· Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks trexcustomz, that bumper looks nice, but i dont see the mount tabs in case you want to mount the 4 round lights. correct me if im wrong though. also in reference to the light bars, wingnut has a group buy going on with a discount for tt members, shoot him a pm, we are short some people. check them out at saltriverled.com

also if you dont mind can i get the measurement on my first pic with the red lines please..thnx

· "The Midnight Modder"
11,251 Posts
Thanks for this post Marco. I did not realize they had two models. I think I like the first one on the black Tundra. I cannot rationalize spending $2000 in led's to put on a $750 bumper and not be able to use it on regular basis. I think I would rather get the 4 lights. BTW, there is something about that led one that looks too narrow. I was thinking if I do not do the lights I might even be able to do a winch or something. I want to powder coat color match it 4Q2 and keep the stainless steel skid to match my chrome. I would think nfab would put 4 holes on the bottom of the led bumper in case you wanted to go the 4 light route.

· Registered
259 Posts
ok update on the bumper

Since the rigid light bar was an issue, as well as the big hole in the middle where the light bars were supposed to be. and since i was going to install 33" light bar instead i went ahead and built a aluminum cover to close the hole up and hopefully get some of the lost fuel mileage back ad well as creating a spot for. mounting traditional round lights if wanted. here is a before and after pic of my work! i can now install led light bars or traditional lights or with an upgrade to a 1/4" steel plate and some extra bracing to the bumper you could even mount a winch on it!
let me know what you think!
before

after

· Registered
34 Posts
Hey Trex, I had a light cage built for mine so i didn't have to buy the high-dollar Rigid lights. It holds two 30" and 4 of the Dually type lights. The guy that built it had a two piece minimum so I have a second one. Give me a shout if your interested.

· Registered
259 Posts
Hey Trex, I had a light cage built for mine so i didn't have to buy the high-dollar Rigid lights. It holds two 30" and 4 of the Dually type lights. The guy that built it had a two piece minimum so I have a second one. Give me a shout if your interested.

hell yes!! please give a shout so we can talk about the details sir!
ill pm you my number sir!!

· "The Midnight Modder"
11,251 Posts
Does anyone know if the two nfab bumpers have the same skid plate with the "NFAB" cut out of the plate? I think I am leaning toward the 4 light one but I want it with the NFAB cut out. On NFAB site it looks like a solid uncut skid plate.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.