Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have had my 2008 DCLB 4X4 for about 2 years. I used to just use her to haul the bikes and the crawler around. But, now that doc said no more dirt bikes, I sold them all. The crawler got sold as it hurt my back to ride all day in her, that said, I am down to my tundra, and it's modin' time!

So far it is creature comforts, I installed a 12" polk MM, with a polk pa1000.1. JVC double din deck (no dvd), tinted the windows all around to 5%, blacked out tail lights (within reason, still a hint of red).

Next up on the list is exhaust, I want LLLOOOUUUDDD!!! Why? because I love noise. I work with aircraft all day, loud roaring jet engines, and to be honest, when one rolls by about 30 feet away, I pull those headphones off and enjoy. I know its bad for my hearing, but so was firing my M16A4 for 3 years with no earplugs. Anywho, I have checked all over and I just cannot find an exhaust for a DCLB truck. I really want one that dumps underneath, but those types don't specify hanger positioning. Pretty aggravating, just going to have to make some calls and see what they say.

Well, I will try to be on a bit, but nature of the work takes presidence. Thanks for the forums and I look forward to utilizing the huge knowledge base known as Tundratalk!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy, what the, jeebus, wowzer. That is an insane looking system!!! Im just looking for a bit more sound, and a minute power up. I would be interested in a cat back system that sounds completely rude. What do you think it would run? I would like it to exit stock position kind of. Let me search the web and see if I can find the type of exit I want. Gimme a sec.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The budget system sounds good, but is there more to it? I would have to get under the truck in the morning too, it doesn't look like it will bolt up to the downpipe flanges.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so the budget system is basically a muffler delete?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
The system in the pic won't. I'd build it after ya order it. The long wheel base trucks have a 45* angle on the driver side flange. He system in the pic is a 2010+ and the short side is he driver side.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just read the entire thread and watched EVERY vid. I will be placing the order wednesday when my check hits the bank. Sound absolutely bad ass. Now, the heimholtz, can you put up a pic of one? I have never heard of it before, just curious as to what it is. Also, it will have my stock tail exit, so any tip I choose will work?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay, just read up on the heimholtz reonators. My head hurts now. I love the sound, the power gain, Could you inbox the shop number so I can order one?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome, I'll get it on order Wednesday on lunch. Also, not everyday I run into a shop on the forums I frequent with the same area code. I should have joined Wednesday before the big bear trip, put just over 400 on the truck from Wednesday to today, could have tested that bad boy!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, just past mojave and lancaster. Armpit of the world.

Reactions: dirtydeeds

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thought about this too, what would it be with no shipping? If I drove down to you? Or, my boss lives in murrieta, I could have him pick it up while he is down there this next weekend.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Haven't shippednknenif these yet. But I'd think shipping would be $50-$75 since its 5' long.

I always say free shipping or free install so come on down:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I might just make a drive down there, will they be ready by this weekend?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts