Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnub0P-GdA&feature=youtu.be

So I'm not sure exactly what BA stands for, but I'm going to go with BADASS.

I just bought my 2013 Tundra not even two weeks ago, but the lack of sound was enough for me to start looking around at mufflers. What's the point of having a big v8 if you can't hear it? (Well that's my opinion)

Anyways, I just wanted something simple. Muffler replacement. After searching the forums and listening to multiple sound clips, I found the BA muffler.

Since the Tundra is my toy hauler, I'm trying to spend the least amount of money on it as possible. So I went with the BA BUDGET muffler.

Here's a link to the thread.: http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-performance-modifications/156690-bamufflers-new-budget-system-12.html

For what it is (muffler replaced with straight pipes and resignator) it's a great bang for the buck. They've done their research and even have dyno results. With this simple mod, they gained 10whp and 20wtq.

I'll tell you what, the truck feels stronger and smoother. Not only that, but when you are cruising, it's just as quiet as stock. Get on it, and it's a BEAST.

I really want to thank BAmufflers/DirtyDeedsIndustries/Keith.

I highly recommend this system to anybody in the market for a cheap and easy performance/sound mod.

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
It actually stands for bad ass...from the sound clips and consistent positive reviews, it's apparently very fitting.

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yep ya sold me with the vid. Thanks. :D

·
Registered
738 Posts
So after driving about 60 miles today with the new system I can say this system is definitely Bad A$$. It is a true beast when on the throttle. There is drone when traveling @ freeway speeds but that's without the resonator installed. I didn't have time this morning to put in on. I will update my review once the resonator is installed. Worth the money without a doubt!!! I will do my best to post a couple of pics of it installed tomorrow and a video after the resonator is installed.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I ran out of time yesterday to do the install on the resonator. I'm working the next three days so prob can't get to it until Thursday. I will give you a call then.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Sorry guys, no video but I finally installed the resonator and the drone is pretty much non existent, maybe slightly louder than stock. The system still roars like a beast when on the gas but is quiet while cruising at constant speed. The tone changed as well. With the resonator installed the sound is deeper. It's PERFECT!!!

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
About the only thing that annoys me is the constant shifting this truck does. You can really hear it now. Guess I'll be in manual more often.
Manual mode is the ONLY mode I'm ever in. For the life of me,I can't understand letting a 6 speed tranny "hunt" up and down for gears, when the Sequential Shifter is so easy to master.'Course, I went all the way to the tenth grade so that may explain why it's so easy for me! :p My 10" BA Catback lets me know everything that's goin' on,TC locking-unlocking especially important!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts