Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been a lurker for quite some time and have finally decided to post my intro. I bought my Tundra in 2010 while going through retraining in the Air Force in San Antonio. I bought an 07 DC SR5 TRD with the Cold Weather Package. Since than I have put larger tires on first being the Nitto Trail Grapplers in 295/75-18's and what a difference that made in the look of the truck. Than I decided to buy the Bilstein 5100's and a Low Range Offroad Front diff drop. I installed 35watt low beam 6000k and 3000k fog lights, what a difference hids make in being able to see at night. I also added the laser cut all weather matts to make things easier. I decided to swap out all the Dino stuff and put Royal Purple synthetics in the diffs and Pennzoil full synthetic in the oil. I'm currently deployed and have a few boxes that are sitting at home waiting for me to install. I just hit 65k and am having to replace the water pump. Yeah for me! Than replace the coolant with new stuff, swap out the spark plugs for new ones. Than I'm going to do the transmission fluid. I also have another set of HID's that are going in to replace my 35 watt for 55 watt. Leds for the interior and the the side marker lights. I will be doing the anytime fog light mod once I get home. I've already upgraded my stereo system, I added a Kenwood Excelon receiver, alpine components in the front and 2-ways in the back doors. I Fatmated the whole rear cabin and installed my JL audio HD900/5 and a JL Stealthbox with the 8w7 and that thing rocks! I only get to put 5000 miles on my truck a year since Im deployed for a good amount of the years so it keeps the mileage down. I also do all my own maintenance since the Air Force trained me on how to work on everything from Diesel engines and generators to Industrial/automotive air conditioning. Now I fly for a living and wouldn't trade if for anything else. Thanks to everyone that has put so much information out there for me to read and I apologize for the long introduction.

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like a nice truck. I did the anytime fog light mod about a month ago, cool mod for barely any $$. Thanks for your service and be safe!

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You got some cool mods. Post up some pictures when you get a chance.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome from Denver!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used to be a FCC on KC-10s @ Travis. Then the AF ruined my crew chiefin' career and sent me to Minot so I retrained to Loadmaster. Still love the -10, enjoy it and the new truck! Did you go to the 6th or the 9th?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used to be a FCC on KC-10s @ Travis. Then the AF ruined my crew chiefin' career and sent me to Minot so I retrained to Loadmaster. Still love the -10, enjoy it and the new truck! Did you go to the 6th or the 9th?[/QUOTE

I'm assigned to the 6th and am currently deployed yet again. Will be home hopefully in three weeks. How do you like being a load?

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Prior AGE guy that cross trained to being a Flight Engineer on a KC-10. What about you out at Charleston?
Oh ok. Gotcha. Yeah our FE's are a computer lol. And yeah I'm a FCC on the 17.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used to be a FCC on KC-10s @ Travis. Then the AF ruined my crew chiefin' career and sent me to Minot so I retrained to Loadmaster. Still love the -10, enjoy it and the new truck! Did you go to the 6th or the 9th?[/QUOTE

I'm assigned to the 6th and am currently deployed yet again. Will be home hopefully in three weeks. How do you like being a load?
Well...at least they're short deployments (unless they upped them). So far I love the new job but I've only been through LIQ. I still have to PCS to my new assignment. Should be awesome though. You definitely get treated like a big boy in the aircrew world.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
I was stationed at Travis Left in 2009. Now at God forsaken Hickam AFB (or JBPHH whatever). Welcome

1 - 19 of 19 Posts