Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropping in to say, “Hello.” I just purchased my seventh Toyota 4x4, a 2017 Barcelona Red Crew Max SR5 TRD Offroad. I am looking forward to modding the truck and taking it camping, hunting, etc.

My last Toyota, which I just sold, was a 2015 Tacoma TRD Offroad double cab 4x4. It had a 6 speed manual. I added an ICON Stage 6 suspension with ARB Dakar leaf springs, Demello Dominator sliders, All Pro Pack Rack with an ARB awning. It was great truck, but needed 6 seats for my growing family.

My wife had a Lexus 2014 LX570. A lifting our new baby in and out got be too much. So, it was traded for a minivan. That was okay because a $90k plus rig that I was not comfortable taking hunting and camping, which I did once but the scratches that the pearl white paint stopped that, and I had my Taco.

Last month, I took the family – wife and 4 kids, including the baby -- camping and I nearly ripped the oil pan off the minivan on a trail my Taco handled with ease, I decided I needed a rig that could accommodate all of us was necessary. Hence, the Taco was out and the 2017 Crew Max was in.

Before Taco, I had a 2012 4Runner TRD Offroad. I added an ICON Stage 7 suspension, body mount chop, 35” tires, spacers, Baja Rack utility rack, ARB awning, etc. It was a beast. Should have kept it, but traded it for the LX570.

Before 4Runner, I had 1st Gen Tundra (can’t remember the year), a 100 Series Land Cruiser and an 80 Series Cruiser with lockers (another one that I wish I would have kept).

For the new Tundra, I am planning to add a mid-travel suspension, leaf springs, probably an ARE cap with a Baja Rack, sliders, lights, 33” or 35” tires, and may be a front bumper. Look forward to learning what works best for my new rig. I’ll try to keep this one for more than a couple of years (I always say that).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice...welcome back.
You toting 4 in the back and 2 up front or 3 and 3?
I assume you have the center console to deal with hence the question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. We will be 3 and 3 -- No center console. We had to find the rare SR5 crew max with the SR5 upgrade package.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.