Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker, but first time poster. Just added a 2006 Sequoia to the all Toyota fleet. This is my first experience with the 1st Gen. Tundra/Sequoia, so my “issue” may be normal, but it sure is stressful...

130K on it. Seems mechanically sound. One-owner vehicle from Central Texas (no rust) that was hailed out.

No issues on idling, acceleration, changing gears, etc. The problem comes when cruising, maintaining a steady speed. When cruising above 40mph or so, it feels like there are slight, but noticeable, changes in momentum. At first, it feels like a slight transmissionslip, but closely watching the instrument panel reveals absolutely NO change in RPMs or speed. My second thought was that it feels like brakes being applied then quickly released, which would explain the no visible or audible change in RPMs that comes with transmission slippage.

Again, this sensation is ever so slight, but noticeable. Using cruise control certainly minimizes the “issue,” but doesn’t alleviate it. No codes or lights of any kind.

Any thoughts or ideas? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Is the air conditioning on when this happens? Could be just the compressor clutch kicking on and off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is. Can’t imagine that the compressor would change power that much, but I will test that. Thanks for the thought.

I have also decided to change Transmission fluid to rule out fluid/level issues. Keep the ideas coming and I will report back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brian20, it looks like you nailed it. I can’t imagine the compressor robbing that much power, buy early test show no “symptoms” with the compressor off. Thanks for the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts