Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Well, I've always been a big GM fan, currently own a 73' Chevy SS Nova, 92' Chevy Camaro RS (doing a LS2 engine conversion). Had a 93' GMC Suburban that got totaled in 2007 which probably was a blessing. Had just bought a house, gas prices at $4.00 a gallon and was getting ready for a road trip vacation. NOT MUCH MONEY to spend, & needed a new vehicle. So off to Toyota Dealership we went just to look around to hopefully get a vehicle with good gas mileage & the latest safety/airbag(s) system, especially compared to the Suburban. Well guess whats the newest on the lot? The New 2nd Gen 2008 Scion XB, had barely been out about week & a half, test drove, we liked it. Went back a few days later to order one in blue with a few options & they said we will have one here tomorrow with those options but not blue, come by to see it. Well that's what we did, and drove off with a 2008 "Black-
Cherry" Scion XB and it's been a great car, very easy on maintenance so very impressed. However, we still missed a big SUV for hauling, etc. So was eye balling the Tundra & GMC Sierra for the past couple of years and loved the room in the Tundra. Well last year was picking up some parts for the Scion & there it was..... A 2012 "Nautical Blue" Texas Edition Toyota Tundra Crewmax and I was like I want it!! The wife liked it too and now I'm a proud owner of my first pickup truck and it's a Tundra!!

Mods / Upgrades I've done:
-Had darker window tint added to rear door windows and rear window and eyebrow on windshield. Front Door windows are a legal tint shade.
-Color Matched Line-X in truck bed.
-Smoked color AVS Aero Skin Hood Deflector installed.

Looking forward to getting more ideas for future mods here on Tundra Talk.

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,497 Posts
Welcome! You'll love the Crewmax!

Reactions: NavyTundra012

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new purchase!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Congrats and Welcome from Houston!!!

Tundra Monkey

Reactions: Wacked
1 - 5 of 5 Posts