Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome from AZ! You will find a lot of useful info.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome must have pics:)

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I recently joined because I am having issues. I had the tranny serviced. And then I got new tires and shocks put on about 2 days after. The old tires were 275/65/18r, the tires are 275/70/18r. I also had the shocks replaced. I went with the procomp adjustable. They shocks were set On the taller setting to replace the need of the 3inch leveling kit (leveling kit was already in when I bought it used.) this was the first time I replaced the tires and of course had to go a but bigger.

So the problem was when the truck was cold like early morning cold, the engine was over reving to about 3000rpm and not shifting at it's usual 2000rpm. This was when the truck was cold so I was going easy on the throttle. The rpm's would also flare up about 500rpm with the throttle in a fixed position. Last but not least when starting from a stopped position the engine would rev up with out the drive train engaging. This would all happen within the first 5 minutes of my drive. Once the truck warmed up it was fine., zero problems.

I had originally thought it was a tranny issue and immediately took it back to the shop that did the service. They hooked up tot the ecu, checked fluid levels etc. They said fluids were fine and zero error codes came back. They believed the problem was the engine. So after some research on TundraTalk I found that someone recommended a ZPC and they even had the instructions (paperclip method.) complex the ZPC one night after work and the problems were gone. Two days later the same problems were back.

Does anyone have any useful advice? My next option is to go to a friends shop. The shop has a Toyota service rep donate his time once a week. My buddy said I could bring it in to have them take a look. I would like to avoid having to take it in to a shop again for fear of spending several hundred $'s for no answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts