Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I'm back in a Toyota after a 25 year absence. My first truck was a 87 Toyota 4x4... I bought it brand new, and it was the bone stock, stripped model. I remember I paid 10K for it out the door. By the time I was done, it had 6" of lift with 35/12 BFG's. At the time, this was accomplished by torqueing down the torsion bars, and adding a 3" body lift. Not many options at the time for the first independent suspension trucks. Dbl/dbl roll bar, stereo, SR5 interior, and a bunch of stuff a 19yo kid would love. I sold it to go off to college.

I've gone through more cars than I care to count, and spent a long while on hotrods, and drag racing in the late 90's and early 2000s. I was mostly a GM guy, and my last truck was a 2000 Sierra ½ ton. Loved this truck, and was going to go up to a diesel after, but a couple years ago I looked at a new Tundra Crew-Cab, and just loved the back seat. I was going to go with the Dodge Mega-Cab, but really I just decided I didn't 'need' a diesel to tow my boat, and settled back in on a half ton.

Here's what I just got below.

It's a 2012 with a 4" Pro-comp lift, and 35" rubber on 18x9 wheels. Inside is pretty basic, with cloth, and the full bench in the front. If I were to have ordered a new one, I would have looked more to the Premium package, but I got a deal on this I couldn't pass up. Hope you enjoy!

PS, How do I get into the Black Tundra Club? I can't seem to post there.

-Keith

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Welcome, nice looking truck...you may be able to post in the black tundra club forum now that you have posted here...if not, give it a bit then try again.

·
Registered
408 Posts
So the two toyotas drive about the same?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really don't know much about the lift kit. The truck was basically set up like this as is when I purchased it. That being said does anybody else need four lanes to make a U-turn? The turning radius in this truck just seems horrible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts