Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided to bite the bullet and get a new truck. Dealership is working on making a trade with another dealer and I should be able to pick it up early next week. I would like to have all my ducks in a row prior to picking the truck up so I am here asking for help / advice. I'm buying a 2013 Double Cab 4x4 with the 5.7L and need help getting to the next step.

I want to run 35x12.50x20s without doing any body modifications whatsoever (I will be removing the mudflaps anyways but specifically I do not want to trim anything). I have read countless threads saying that a 3/1 leveling kit will allow 35s but it does require some minor trimming, etc. What is the smallest lift I can move to that does not require any body modifications?

Second, I am a huge fan of the Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares. As a result, I would like to make sure that the rim is offset enough to allow the tire to extend out beyond the stock body. According to the Bushwacker website, they say the pocket style provides approximately 2" of tire coverage. What size rim offset do I need in order to fill that spacing? Likewise, will this offset help with my first predicament for the lift size?

Thanks for any advice and I look forward to posting more here on the board.

(I found this just through Google imagines, but I would like a look similar to this with a little less lift---- Tundra058.jpg Photo by Slate34 | Photobucket)

· Registered
242 Posts
Congrats on the Tundra! Here is a link where you can see different set up with 35s of different variations on a 3/1 level kit.

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-wheels-tires/92689-leveled-35s-post-em-here.html

Search for 35s or 35x12.5x20 and you will see other results and how they managed to squeeze them in. In short, each truck is different and what works for one may not work for you and vice versa. Good luck with this and I am sure many mods to come.

· Registered
1,427 Posts
A 2.5"-3" lift will work to clear a 35x12.50. However youll want a 9" wide wheel with a +25 to +35 offset to minimize any mods to make them fit. However with that size/offset of wheel you will not stick out far enough for bushwackers to be necessary. If you were to get flares with 1" of additional coverage instead of 2" youll look more proportionate. Like mentioned above look thru the leveled with 35s thread to get a good idea of what guys are running.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the responses. I didn't realize the Bushwackers came in different "widths"...the 2" number I stated was straight off the Bushwacker site for the Tundra. I will have to do a little bit more research in regards to the flares before ordering.

In regards to the leveling kit, I don't think its going to be enough for what I want to do. I also read that the leveling kits are basically just for the look and does not help at all with off road performance. Someone please correct me if I am wrong in regards to that.

Thanks for the wheel dimensions mhollack...thats exactly what I was looking for in regards to wheel recommendation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.