Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I cant really tell the difference on a test drive. (lets face it I drive a Jeep)

Leaving my Jeep and buying a new CM Tundra.
The truck will be on pavement 99% of the time. Not going to lie...
I have lived the off road life for the last six yrs, and my career demands wont
allow that anymore.

I am stepping over to a 4dr hotrod truck that has a smooth and comfy ride for my family.

So my question is, will I come to dislike the TRD shocks over the standard SR5's?

Or are the differences only noticed when you leave the pavement and the TRD shines?

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Non-TRD Tundra will ride smoother on the street than the TRD model.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Non-TRD Tundra will ride smoother on the street than the TRD model.
What is the difference? Nitro vs Hydro? And how much soother are we talking about?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I think the TRD handles curvy roads a lot better. Regular would be a little smoother on rough roads, but not much.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apparently ... there is not enough difference for me to worry about.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
But you get the fancy TRD graphics with the TRD package! Ooohhh sorry you were asking about the ride. I would say close enough not to worry about it. Post pics when you get your new ride!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: NIE_Cal and SC Tuna

·
Read Only
0 Posts
If you are going to lift and change the wheels and tires then definitely get the base. The TRD Bilsteins are better though. TRD package gets suspension, wheels, tires, stickers, skid plate on gas tank, I think more resale because a lot of people care about stickers lol.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I have a TRD and love it but I have never driven a non TRD so can't compare. My truck is also on pavement 99% of the time.

Reactions: NIE_Cal

·
Registered
220 Posts
My salesman told me that the only diifference is that the TRD is made to ride smooth on off roads. Don't know how true that is since I don't offroad.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
LOL salesman don't have a f'in clue most of the time, they are so uneducated about what they are selling it is unreal.

Reactions: NIE_Cal
1 - 11 of 11 Posts